User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The City of Silesia. [Coronation day, August 18, 217|Late Afternoon|Open] [Backdated]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cool greeting wasn't lost on Reed, lighting his eyes with humor as he nodded to Alexander. "Good day, Lord Alexander. I trust your researches are going well?" He did not see the young lady who was fostered to the man's household, but she was likely with her own family. Alexander looked a little better put together then usual, come to think of it. Interesting.

Hearing Marcus, he wanted to laugh. "You find every formal gathering on the edge of boring, Marcus. We all rely on you to keep them from getting that way in reality." Reed knew better then most just how much Marcus could liven up even the dullest of parties or gatherings. Why would a solemn and formal coronation be any different?

Feeling himself nudged, Reed grinned. "Don't I always? You will have to come visit after this, see for yourself. Bring your family, if you like. The girls would enjoy seeing Elsa, I know, and perhaps even Lord Alexander might enjoy a change of scene?" He looked in that gentleman's direction for a moment, then let his mouth twist with humor. "I brought some, but who knows if he'll even want to try it? We'll see. That'll have to be a more... private gifting, I think." He wasn't growing so much of the herb that he could supply the entire Kingdom! "You should join us, my lord. You and your student are both more then welcome in Baldell."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Well, I can’t exactly help the fact that I find formalities a bit trivial in most cases. But perhaps without them it wouldn’t make breaking the rules as much fun!” There was a playful arch of the eye brow to Reed as he took another swig of wine. By now Raelyn had showed up out of nowhere and pulled Elsa away to show her something she had found. The two girls dashed over to another area of family members as people continued to wait for the formal ceremony to begin.

When Lord Gardnier discreetly mentioned the small sampling he brought, Marcus could only shrug happily before further replying, “Well if His Majesty isn’t game to it then certainly I’ll find the means to pay for what you have brought. Though I do believe that if you package it as an impending trade gift he might feel obliged to at least try it under private circumstances. Every man has a need to indulge a few vices behind closed doors, right? Why not the king as well?”

He gave Wilhelm a gentle nudge before looking over at Alexander to see if the more apathetic Romanov of them all was privy to a little visit to the Baldell gardens. “What do you say, Alex? Feel like taking a trek with me next month? Maybe you can bring your friend, I’m sure she’d enjoy a little botany lesson every now and then.”
    Last edited by Marcus Romanov; 03-23-2014 at 12:31 AM.

House Romanov Alexander Romanov's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexander watched the exchange between Marcus and Reed, realizing that he was also being included. A dark brow arched at the suggestion that he join them in partaking the leaf. The man nearly snorted at such a ridiculous notion. Could they honestly see the scholar doing such a thing? Puffing away at a plant that would no doubt alter his mind and slow his thinking, even if temporarily? Granted, there was a part of him that was idly curious what the experience was like. Marcus clearly enjoyed it, but he was also a bit of a hedonist. Then again, the invitation was a month from now... he could accept and then change his mind later if need be. That seemed a good way to proceed.

"Very well," he said simply at the invitation, glancing at Reed as he said so. "I'm open to satisfying my curiosity, at least where your lands are concerned, Lord Gardiner." That and Alexander could hopefully get Marcus in check. He wanted his nephew to enjoy life, but there was such a thing as going too far. At the mention of his friend, his brows furrowed into a line before he realized he was speaking of Annemarie. At first, Alexander wanted to protest any possible double meaning in Marcus's words.

Fortunately, he checked himself. "Lady Annemarie," he said formally, "is always interested in studying plants, yes, especially if they have any medicinal value." That should get the point across.

Right?

House Gardiner Rosemary Gardiner's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were so many people here, it was hard to keep track left from right anymore. With a glass of wine in her hands, she looked about trying to find where Elsa had disappeared to. The entire Romanov collective seemed to be here, but her best friend was nowhere to be found. As she side-stepped along, she eventually bumped into someone next to her and immediately she jolted from the surprise.

“Eesh! Ah….whoops!” She replied to herself, seeing the red wine somewhat teeter over the edge and a few dribbles of it rolled gown the cup and over her hand. Bringing it up to her mouth, she licked the savory liquid clean off of her hand before turning about to see Alexander in front of her. Tilting to the side was the rest of the crew her brother enjoyed spending time with: Marcus and Wilhelm to name a couple more.

“Oh hey there, M’lords.” Rosemary replied in a chipper tone before reaching over and rubbing at Alexander’s arm in a friendly manner as though to excuse her clumsiness for bumping into him. “I knew I would run into you guys sooner or later, but I haven’t been able to track down Lady Elsa. Has anyone seen her around?”

Taking a big swig from her cup, she tilted her head up at her brother and smirked, “I see you’re already enjoying yourselves. Has the royal be-heading happened yet? Or are we still waiting for them all to show up to their own party?”

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcus couldn’t help but chuckle at Alexander’s matter-of-fact ways of communicating his begrudging agreements. Though his uncle was very divisive with his reply, the younger Romanov took it at face value and purposely ignored the manner in which it was presented. Alexander had always been the straight-laced individual, and after a romp through the green grass that Reed presented, perhaps the little indulgence was just what was needed to loosen the guy up a bit. It was better to ignore the objecting elements and just go full throttle into the fact that the man opened the door for even the slightest possibility.

“Good man, uncle!” Marcus replied happily with a pat on his shoulder real quick, “I’m sure there will be plenty of medicinal experiments to be had for you and…Lady Annemarie.” The pause had come because he couldn’t always remember her names, especially when a bit inebriated. He also didn’t keep exact details on all of his family members since he was too wrapped up in his own travels most of the time.

Looking over to Reed, Marcus nodded and replied, “They’ll both be there. I’ll make sure of it.”

When Rosemary showed up, it seemed that she was quick to note of everyone being here and present to the coronation with the exception of the very people it was being hosted for. Shrugging, he looked over to Rosemary and replied, “You know how it goes. Throw a party, and then be fashionably late to your own event.”

Upon hearing further inquiry about where Elsa had run off to, Marcus pointed over yonder. “I think she is with Raelyn checking something out. I dunno…something about Lord Whats-His-Name’s new wife who’s twenty years younger than him.”

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reed was a man who could find humor in just about anything. The long-standing friendship with the Romanov family brought him plenty of laughter and good times, especially when Marcus poked at his much more sober and straight-laced uncle. The implied scold about the man's lovely little foster student made him want to grin but he was also supposed to be a gentleman. "I never suggested otherwise about the lady, Lord Alexander." He spoke mildly, but his eyes held all the laughter he didn't let free. "But you are of course both welcome. I'm sure there will be much for the lady to discover in Baldell to enhance her studies."

As soon as he said it, he was fairly sure that Marcus could (and probably would) twist it into a double-edged comment but his sister made a fine distraction. Her more casual air was something else he hoped to impose on Alexander before the man worried himself into a froth. Smiling at Rosemary, he gave her a subtle little 'try to behave yourself' look. Fortunately, she was asking about Elsa, who'd drifted off for now, but the way she put things made him wince a little. Rosemary always had a way with words that managed to offend someone.

"Ah... no, not yet. We're waiting for the new King and his entourage to arrive, and everything to begin. Maybe you can collect the ladies and urge them to join us? I'm sure it will begin shortly."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annemarie's quiet appearance at her side was at first only acknowledged by her mother reaching out, entwining her fingers with her daughter's. A dangerous tangle of hate had taken up residence in Amelia's chest, but her daughter's calm words began to loosen it. There would be no forgiveness for Luther, but she refused to let his blackness tarnish her.

"It isn't enough. Nowhere near." Her curly hair bounced as she shook her head. "I can only hope that the Dark Goddess may see fit to deliver him the punishment he so deserves." Luther was a pox on their land, a cancer growing and spreading pain and death among the populace. Things of his sort were best sliced out before they could do any more damage.

With a deep breath, Amelia seemed to remove herself from the purpose of the day, and she turned to her daughter, wrapping her in a warm, tight hug. "It's wonderful to see you, my dear," she said, kissing her forehead lightly before pulling back. "You look well. How have you been keeping?" There was still news to be shared, some good and some bad, but Amelia first needed to be satisfied that her girl was healthy and content.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elsa was everywhere, it looked like. Standing with her brothers and begging for chocolate (it was her favorite), then off to talk with that lady about her husband, then pausing by Lady Baptiste to smile and greet both her and Annemarie before she spotted her partner-in-crime, Rosemary Gardiner. Waving a farewell to the Baptistes, she hurried back to where her brothers continued to talk with Lord Gardiner and impulsively hugged Rosemary. "I'm here. It doesn't look like we'll be standing too much longer. I thought I saw the heralds coming out." Elsa pointed excitedly towards the front, looking up at her family and friends.

She stood close to Rosemary, peeking into the cup. "What are you drinking? And where did you get it?" Elsa wasn't looking to get drunk, but something to calm herself down would be welcome. Wilhelm was also being very quiet, making her look at her brother curiously. Was he all right?

House Baptiste Annemarie Baptiste's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soft, cool fingers curled affectionately around her mother's, enjoying the touch. They did not often see each other due to circumstances, yet Annemarie was no less pleased or gratified for the opportunity to reunite with her parents and siblings, regardless of the reason. A brief examination of her mother's features was enough to gauge the depths of her hatred for the King-turned-Sacrifice, a gentle, understanding squeeze of her hand given in support. What Luther had inflicted upon Evangeline merited something far darker than hate, reflected in her mother's words.

"It is not," Annemarie agreed quietly, "but we have to believe that when his soul is judged, the Dark Goddess will see the truth of him and put him to the eternal torment he's earned for all of the lives he has besmirched." Rebecca had not been Luther's only victim; many families of Balfour felt the former King's foul touch. She tried not to let her anger sway her, knowing Alexander's stance on the futility of the emotion when the matter was out of one's hands.

Glad when her mother forsook the darker thoughts, she gladly returned the hug and smiled. "I am well, thank you. We have been working quite hard on a new medicine for flux, and I believe good progress is being made." As always, Annemarie had to wonder what her mother thought on the death of Corinne Romanov, but the subject had never arisen for discussion. It relieved her mind to know that no questions were being asked, yet she dreaded the day that they might come. "Lord Alexander keeps me busy, but there is plenty of time for my own work as well. How is everyone at home?"

House Romanov Alexander Romanov's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexander had been about to make a remark of his own when Rosemary made her appearance. It took him a moment to remember that this was the sister of Lord Gardiner. "It is no concern, Lady Rosemary," he reassured her, having righted them both in the mild collision. It only took a few tugs of his tunic to get all back in order. The question she posed, however, made his eyebrow arch noticeably but there may have been the faintest hint of a smile.

It was a rather apt description of the impending events. Fortunately, Reed spared anyone else the need to answer her. However, that did not spare little Elsa from his ears or his gaze. "Probably something that you should not be getting into." Was Alexander her father? Absolutely not, but that didn't spare her from a protective uncle, either.

House Gardiner Rosemary Gardiner's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rosemary couldn’t help but smirk at how prim and proper Alexander’s reaction was. The man certainly had a bit of a privacy bubble he seemed to harbor, but at least he didn’t appear jarred by their little collision. Reed seemed a little more toned down in response to her than usual. It was likely because they were at a large royal affair and it was a subtle sign to be on her best behavior. As he instructed her on what to do, Rosemary affirmed his request and was about to turn around when she saw Elsa right behind.

“Oh! Just the lady I was looking for!” Rosemary replied happily, slipping a hand into hers whilst balancing the nearly full goblet of wine in her hand. Offering it temporarily to her best friend, she answered the question, “It’s some kind of blackberry wine. The servants are passing it out. Here, try a bit of mind you’ll love it.”

She was never the type to deny Elsa anything; let her family do that if they saw fit to intervene. This was a party after all. It may have been a formal to-do with the whole beheading and inauguration of a new king, but that didn’t mean people couldn’t simply enjoy themselves along the way.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcus paid little attention to what Rosemary was handing off to Elsa. Likely their parents would scold their little girl later since she was the baby of the family. But for now Marcus simply enjoyed the present company while he waited for the pageantry of the event to finally commence.

The sound of the heraldic trumpets played and it appeared things were finally going to start moving. Maybe he would even catch a glimpse of that cute princess he ran into earlier that day. Tatianna was the one who was supposed to be sacrificed, but now her life was being spared in favor of the cumbersome former king, Luther. Good riddance to the idiot. Wars were such tedious affairs.

((I’m going to hold off on any further posting in this thread until the actual ceremony / be-heading finally gets posted up))

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pausing in their conversation, Amelia smiled and greeted the young Elsa Romanov as she flitted by, laughing quietly at the girl's energy. She remembered, vaguely, when she'd had that sort of vim and vigor...although she did well to remind herself that for her age she was doing much better than some others could claim.

"As long as you're happy, then busy is good." The Baptiste family had always been one to see the value in keeping active, both body and mind. It was a lesson that Amelia and Winston had tried to teach all of their children, along with the warning that there was always a point at which working too much became detrimental. It was all about balance. "I'd like to hear about your work, when we've got more time. Perhaps if things work out I could come for a visit, or Lord Alexander could be persuaded to let you home for a weekend."

The topic of home was not necessarily as joyful as one could hope, but Amelia wouldn't misinform her daughter. "We are all keeping," she started, perhaps a little hesitantly. "Henry and Yvette have been out traveling together helping wherever they can; his last letter home said they should be returning fairly soon. Your father's stayed home to look after Evangeline, since she's...she's very frail indeed. Spends most of her time sleeping, and when she's not asleep we're trying to get her back to eating properly again. You'd hardly recognize her if you saw her." The condition that their oldest daughter had been returned to them in was truly frightening. She was so thin it seemed a strong breeze would snap her in half, her body ravaged by starvation and isolation.

"She doesn't speak much about what happened. But she did tell us what she knew about our poor Rebecca...her death wasn't an accident like we were led to believe. She died at Luther's hands, a victim of his irrational violence." She hated that she had to tell her daughter this here, rather than in a more personal setting, but it was better here and now than by a letter later.

Movement up on stage caught Amelia's eyes, and the appearance of pages and heralds seemed to indicate that things were going to start very soon. Turning to face the stage, she wrapped an arm around her daughter's shoulders, squeezing. It was no less than history that they were to witness now, but Amelia was more eager for the justice that was also to be carried out.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She'd studied his face while he spoke. Letting her know about his quirks as his mother had called it. When she said she'd never noticed anything different about him he gave her a bright smile in return. "I have learned over the years that I need to hide it as best I can. I fear that if the people of Tuneric found out they had a defective King they'd be a bit upset."

"Does it make things terribly difficult?"

"Not as much as it used to. My father would always worry that I could never be a warrior as I wouldn't be able to easily tell banners apart but I've found it's not as hard as it seems during battle." He gave her an indifferent shrug and moved back toward the door. "If anyone ever asks me about your eyes I'll tell them it's none of their business." Cailen's lips formed a sly grin and he opened the door to allow Nataliah to pass. He was glad she took the news well and the only worry he'd have now was if he'd pass this onto their children. "You have the most beautiful blue eyes."

House Farrand-Calhoun Lochlan Farrand-Calhoun's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Your people await, Your Majesty."

Lochlan slid his arms around Jacquelyn’s waist and rested his forehead against hers. This was to be the biggest day of his life and honestly looking forward to it being done and over with. The weight that lived upon his shoulders had become overwhelming and by this point he’d had more than enough of these parties and ceremonies and crowds of people in and around his home. All he really wanted was peace and quiet and to be alone with his wife.

“They wait for us both, my Queen.”

Hand in hand they left the guarded room in which they’d been staying and walked toward the crowd of people who waited for their arrival. Their voices could be heard as they talked amongst themselves. On their way down the path he’d looked to a servant and gave orders as he walked. “Send for my siblings. We are to begin this soon.”

Behind him he heard the shuffling that marked the entrance of his brother and Lochlan refused to turn to look upon him. The Knights who hauled the once Royal Prince gave their King a bow and a few words confirming that they’d bound Luther as he’d asked.

“Good.” His response was short and confident and today he’d take care of his family as well as his country in the eyes of the Gods.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The princess smiled at Cailen's compliment, leaving the rest of the conversation to pick up later, when she could pay it better attention. She felt perhaps that hiding something like his inability to discern colors might be more detrimental to his image in his peoples' eyes than the problem itself, but it wasn't really her place to comment. In the same vein, though, she supposed it wasn't necessarily his subjects' right to know everything about their monarch. As long as he ruled well, he was entitled to some measure of privacy. And from her position as a princess, she knew just how hard that privacy was to obtain and maintain, sometimes.

They walked down the hall, where someone was waiting to meet them. "King Shellten," the servant said with a bow, "There are seats on an elevated platform for you and your retinue. This man will lead you there, and I have been told to inform you that the Lord Chelan is already there." Another man, equally well dressed, stepped up and gestured for Cailen to follow.

Nataliah squeezed Cailen's hand, offering him one last smile as he went on his way. She hoped that the servant who was leading him there would also stay and offer answers to any questions that the men from Tuneric might have. An attempt had been made to explain the tradition to Cailen, of course, but she well knew how bewildering these ceremonies could be, especially since this was so different from any of their traditions.

"Highness," the servant said, now turning his attention to Nataliah, "King Lochlan has asked that you and your brother and sister hurry to him. Things are about to begin." Nataliah nodded, picking up her skirts and hurrying down to the place where they would be gathering. Langston and Tatianna were already there, and she fell in place before them, casting an encouraging look back to Tatianna for one final bit of support.

The trumpeters called out their arrival, and their announcements were made. They were presented in order of age, their full names and titles shouted out over the crowd. She led the procession, with the other two following close behind, crossing the stage to take their place on the dais at the far side. They weren't to be the focus here, and a much larger platform stood in the middle of the stage on which Lochlan would stand, but it was vital that they presented a united front as a family.

Chairs waited for them, but for now they remained standing, attention turned to where Lochlan and Jacquelyn would be entering in just a few moments.

House Farrand-Calhoun Lochlan Farrand-Calhoun's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving encouraging nods and smiles to his siblings, he tried to help ease their worries about this day. Though he was sure it was hard with Luther bound behind him. It would be a hard day, maybe more so for his sisters than he and Langston, but he was there to support them if they needed him.

The music queued up and some trumpets were heard. The grand announcement of the royal pair had rang out over the crowded lawns and Lochlan with Jacquelyn on his arm appeared before the crowd. They each stood before their thrones and were seated as a priest made his way up to stand before the men and women who had congregated to see this day. He looked out over the people of Balfour as they stood and listened to the priest give his prayers and speak some fancy words about the ceremony itself. Lochlan just wanted it over and done with.

The signal had been given for everyone in attendance to quiet down, be seated, and in general stop what they were doing and pay attention. Lochlan stood and walked toward the edge of the construct, ready to speak his piece about today's event.

“Lords and Ladies of Balfour.” Lochlan’s voice rang out over the crowds that had come to see this day in history. He could see the confusion in their eyes as Luther was pushed by the guards up to the edge so he was visible to those below. Lochlan allowed him to be dressed in fine clothing for the event bit his hands were still bound behind his back and his long hair had been pulled behind his head into a ponytail.

“Today is the day that I become your King. You will bare witness to this ceremony and in the eyes of the Gods I shall take my birthright as I make our family’s sacrifice.” With those words, Lochlan swiftly dug his heel into Luther’s calf, forcing him to his knees, and his brother let out a grunt in response. Lochlan was glad, now, that he’d made the choices he had. He didn’t want to gag and bind his oldest brother, it wouldn’t have been attractive in the least, so instead he cut out his tongue. Some gasps washed over the crowd as they could hear Luther’s bones hit the wood below him and Lochlan ignored them to move on with his announcement.

“By now you have realized that what you witness on this day will not be like the coronations of the past.” A hush came back over the crowd and Lochlan placed his hand on the hilt of his ceremonial sword. “Today I will be the King who has offered the Gods a man who does not honor the right to be a King or the right to be of royal blood in our great country. The man who murdered his own King, committed patricide, and declared war upon his own nation!”

Lochlan ignored the fact that he intentionally plotted to send he and Langston off somewhere to die. Their brother had enough going against him for a lifetime. Thankfully this lifetime of his would be over shortly. He looked out over the crowd and some were nodding along with him while others had their eyes fixed on Luther.
    Last edited by Kiera; 04-03-2014 at 01:17 PM.

House Baptiste Annemarie Baptiste's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Annemarie, her mother seemed ageless. Amelia was still beautiful, her face unlined and her eyes bright with health and intelligence. In some ways, she aspired to be much that her mother was, yet wondered if she was capable of it. She smiled at her mother's quiet approval, a nod agreeing. "I am sure both could be arranged, Mother. Lord Alexander is very understanding, and it has been some time since you were last in Old Havenwich, has it not? I should like to show you some of my work too." Though not the healer that most of her family was, she believed she had finally found her calling, a supportive role to those physicians.

Feeling, as well as hearing, her mother's pause, blue eyes rose to study Amelia's face cautiously. Hearing tell of Eva's fragile state set a fresh curl of anger roiling in her belly, but she carefully contained it. Anger, Alexander had told her, was meant to be channeled and used, not allowed to consume her. "Is there anything I can do to help?" True, Annemarie and Evangeline were not very close, but Eva was her sister still. Annemarie would stride through fire for family, no matter what or why.

The anger darkened with the news of Rebecca, her features setting into a grim mask at the confirmation of suspicion. It was a good thing that today brought an end to Luther in every possible respect. There was far too much damage the man wrought to leave him alive. Her eyes lowered, sorrow shimmering in the blue eyes for the sister lost to her. Annemarie had already grieved for Rebecca, the sister who understood her best, but this brought a fresh wave of mourning.

She started to speak, but the appearance of others silenced her. Her mother's arm was a welcome comfort, one Annemarie gladly leaned into as she watched history begin to unfold, and justice be done. Perhaps now she could rest at night with Rebecca's soul at peace. Where was her father?

House Farrand-Calhoun Tatianna Farrand-Calhoun's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tatianna stood with Nataliah and King Cailen, watching in silence as Lochlan took his place and raised his voice. It carried over the crowd, immediately snagging their attentions and bringing their eyes to him. The truth of Luther's acts spread like wildfire from Lochlan's lips. She could see the shock and the horror on many faces, hear the rustle of whispers as the mood shifted. Lochlan was putting what was wrong to rights for the good of Balfour.

Her hand reached for Nat's free one, needing the strength and support of her sister right now. Tatianna felt the weight of her formal gown, the tiara they'd put on her head, the necklace around her throat. It made the moment feel all the more real to her, knowing that the blood about to be spilled was not her own. Feeling Langston's hand rest at the small of her back, she smiled weakly at her older brother, not sure she could watch Lochlan do what must be done to save Balfour and their family.

Swallowing down her fear and nerves, she made herself lock eyes on Lochlan. She had to see this, and use it to make herself stronger, if she could. Luther would not be missed or mourned, Tatianna could see that in the faces of the people and on Lochlan's face, but there was a tiny corner of her heart that bled for the mistakes their oldest brother had made. Mistakes that were now about to cost Luther everything and more. Bowing her head, her eyes closed as she waited for Lochlan to draw his sword and make the Sacrifice.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the ceremony came underway, Marcus stopped his conversational affairs with friends and family to look up upon the area that things were being held. While most were captivated by what was going on with Luther and Lochlan, the Romanov man had his eyes softly upon the young princess that he had met earlier that day. There were a series of gasps and mutters of anger as the list of Luther’s crimes had been announced before them all. All he could really do was shrug a little in disapproval before taking another sip from his goblet. Hopefully this would be a fast affair as he glanced over to his sister Elsa and past her to Raelyn who seemed mesmerized in a sort of horrified fashion.

They had never seen a beheading of this caliber. The axe was not something Old Havenwich tend to utilize the rope as a cleaner affair. But there was still some level of satisfaction going an intense route. In this case it was tradition to sacrifice a family member before the gods so that they could be acknowledged as next in line of succession. Once again Marcus kept his eyes upon Tatianna and smiled a little. The girl seemed uncomfortable standing there, but he knew she would be okay.

‘Stand tall, Princess.’ He tried to communicate to her in his mind.
    Last edited by Marcus Romanov; 04-06-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast