User Tag List

Thread: Going Out on a Limb - 7/5, Afternoon, Lex & Lily, closed

House Caldoran Lexington Caldoran's Avatar  

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going Out on a Limb - 7/5, Afternoon, Lex & Lily, closed

Today, Lexington had decided, was to be the day.

He'd put a lot of thought into this. Whether or not to ask her, first off, but after that came the question of how. Should he put it off a little longer, find some place grand in Hebron? No, because he wouldn't have the freedom of time that he had here, while he was still on vacation. And somehow it seemed better to ask her here, at her own home, someplace she felt safe. It would be easier for her to reject him, if that's what was going to happen. As much as he wanted to be sure rejection wasn't in the cards, he knew well enough to never take things for granted; it was folly to predict the outcome of something before it had even happened.

And so it came to the finer details. At first he had pictured a nighttime stroll, perhaps to a section of the gardens lit by candles, the stars shining down on them. He wanted it to be perfect, romantic, like something out of the story books. But then...with all the dark times that had clouded all their lives lately, the evening had gained a quiet danger that it hadn't necessarily had before. Even in places where one felt safe, there was always the chance of something lurking in the shadows. It was unfortunate, but true.

He had decided on afternoon. Bathed in warmth and light, he would hopefully set the tone for what was to come. To that end, he'd sent her a note this morning just after breakfast, asking her if she'd like to join him for a walk after lunch. They would go through the structured gardens she'd given him a tour of earlier, and it was there that he would ask her.

Both meals now passed, Lexington stood outside in the sun, eyes closed and face to the sky. The warmth on his skin was exquisite, and it seeped through the thin fabric of his shirt, helping to ease the apprehension he felt. She would be here at any time, and he wanted to be ready and relaxed; he felt he was nearly there. He was certainly more relaxed now after a few days in Devonshire than he had been at all in the past few months, or perhaps even years. He could only hope now that the next few hours didn't make Lily regret inviting him.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending all morning in the conservatory, Lily had decided to take a break. Smiling at the note that she had received after breakfast, she couldn’t help, but wonder what exactly was going on. Her main goal was to get Lexington to relax after the past few months and nothing like this was planned on her end. This thought intrigued her more as she let the rest of the workers finish their own and she headed back inside the castle to get ready.

She summoned her servant Penelope as she rushed upstairs before the lunch bell would ring. The clock rang half past twelve and Lexington asked to meet her after lunch.

“Yes my lady?”

“Penelope would you please draw me a bath? I have been in the gardens all morning.” Lily asked curiously as the bath basin was summoned and brought into Lily’s bedroom chamber where hot water was brought in and everything soon was ready. Throughout her whole bath, Lily couldn’t help, but sigh in content hoping that everything was all right. She hoped everything was alright and that Lex was regretting his decision. He had been so relaxed and content lately, she could tell and she smiled at the thought of him not having a care in the world for the week.

Lily straightened out her hunter green dress that Penelope had suggested showing off her green eyes and her bright red hair that was curled and down flowing in the wind. The dress itself was more than elegant and she was excited to show it off. She loved the color itself and the dress fit her perfectly. It trailed a bit behind her as she made her way outside to the gardens where Lexington had asked to meet her. The lunch meal had been a bit quiet, so she wondered if everything was truly alright.

Spotting Lex easily next to a bench close to the roses and lilies section of the gardens, Lily took a deep breath and smiled making her way over to him.

“Good afternoon dear sir.” She said teasing him gently with a big smile as she stopped in front of him giving him a big smile.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standing as Lily approached, Lex met Lily's smile with one of his own. Although he felt nervous he tried to keep from letting it show, lest she get concerned; he knew how quickly she could pick up on it and think something was wrong, and that was the last thing he wanted to happen. After all, if things went as he hoped they would, worry and concern would be quite far from her mind.

"Shall we?" He offered his arm to her, and once hers was looped in his he set off, setting a leisurely pace. For now, at least, there was no agenda and no plan. He wished only to spend some time with her, here in the beauty of the afternoon. After they'd walked a little way, companionable silence between them, he took a breath full of fresh air and let it out with a contented sigh. "It's a wonder that you ever want to leave here. It truly is a beautiful place."

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking another deep breath, Lily smiled and made her way over to a now smiling Lexington. Whenever he smiled, she couldn’t help, but smile back. He didn’t realize it, but his smile was contagious. Whenever he laughed or smiled, his eyes lit up and the cute dimples on his strong cheekbones appeared causing her to try and not melt into a puddle of Liliana-goo. It was insane how strongly she was feeling for him, but ever since their holiday started, she had given him space to enjoy his time here. He got up whenever he wanted, he saw her whenever he wanted which was a lot and she loved every single moment they spent together. Her wish for him to enjoy this week had certainly paid off because she could easily distinguish how easy-going and relaxed he had been the past few days. Once they returned to life in Hebron, she knew things would not be like this, but for one week, their troubles and problems disappeared.

As soon as she stopped in front of him, Lex held out his arm to her. She immediately took it letting the wind blow through her hair that was down. He led her down the pathway through the many fields of flowers that she had worked so hard on. Words were not necessary as she simply trusted him. He suddenly stopped and she did as well staring down at where they were.

The courtyard was a beautiful centerpiece of the Gyrtner estate. A statue stood in the middle of it holding a flower honoring all of the members of the family who served properly. Arches of flowers surrounded them and around them were four different walkways leading in a different direction. One to the conservatory, one to the castle and two to various places around the gardens. Lily smiled as she listened to his words and she nodded.

“I never want to leave here if I am being truly honest with you. I hate leaving, but when duty calls or we are being summoned, we go. Now you were awful quiet during lunch, is everything alright? You are enjoying yourself right?” Lily asked curiously raising an eyebrow hoping that the feeling she was having about him wanting to leave would fade.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lexington nodded. He could hardly blame her for never wanting to leave. Would that impact her answer to his question? It wasn't as if they were terribly far from Hebron, and he was more than willing to travel to see her on his off days. Maybe they could keep a place in both cities, and split their time between them...although now he was just getting ahead of himself.

"I'm enjoying myself immensely," he said with a content smile. "I hope my being quiet doesn't make you think I'm bored or unhappy." He was quick to try and dispel any such thoughts, if she harbored them. "These days I've spent here with you and your family have been some of the best I've had in years. If I'm silent it's merely because I'm content and happy." Although he was almost always quiet while he was working, there was something to be said about the companionable silence he enjoyed here. There was no obligation to fill the day with words just for the sake of chasing quiet away. And, perhaps even better, peaceful silence almost always meant nothing was going wrong, and that in itself was an excellent thing.

"Will you be returning to Hebron, when the week is done? The plague is all but gone, I can't imagine there's anything left with that you've got to do." He tried to keep any hopefulness out of his voice; he did truly hope she said she was going back, but at the same time he could never ask her to leave her home when she'd just said how much she loved being here.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call it women’s intuition but Lily knew something was going on. Lex was being kind and wonderful as always, but he was suddenly asking about her future plans. He had never wondered about her future before and something was telling her that something in her life was going to change soon whether she was ready for it or not, it was coming. She wasn’t sure if she was ready for something else drastic to happen right now. She was in Devonshire with Lex on a break from the stress of everyday life. This trip was solely for relaxation and quietness from their hectic schedules. As much as she worried about him he would always be a Knight of the Dawn and a bodyguard of the princess. Nothing would change that, she’d always be the youngest Gyrtner and he’d always be a Knight.

Giving him a smile, she understood what he meant, but he always was quiet, “I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself here because that was the sole purpose for this trip. Sure my mother started it, but I always have wanted to bring you here because I had a feeling you would enjoy it. You appreciate all the work that we have done before in the past so I am glad to hear that. I know you’re quiet but you’re always quiet even back in Hebron solely because you have to be. You can talk more, we don’t mind of course I am merely teasing you Lex do not think I take offense at the silence. Whenever I want it, I cannot have it.” She replied with a bright grin as she then smiled up at him. He was a great deal taller than her and she liked taller men anyways.

At his question, she pondered that a moment and sighed, “As much as I would love to stay here in forever, I shall return to Hebron when the week is done. Nolana and Evangeline still require help as we prepare the shipments of the cure to Balfour. Eva has mentioned that she would like one of us to accompany her and Nolana would probably ask to stay here for business purposes so it could be me. I am not sure yet. I hope you will let me accompany you back to the capital and once we get there, try and see one another just in case I do get summoned to Balfour. How soon do you have to report for duty once we return? Hopefully you can have a day to rest and catch up with anything that happened before returning to her Royal Highness’ service?” She asked curiously squeezing his forearm gently.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lexington thought to correct Lily that the reason he was quiet in Hebron wasn't because he had to be, but decided against it. His silence was required in situations like ceremonies and the like, sure, and being overly chatty while stationed at a guard post wasn't really smiled upon, if someone to talk to could even be found in such a situation. But by and large, his relative silence was just down to the fact that he had always been the quiet one, simple as that. "In many cases it does seem like quiet is a rare commodity," he said with a smile.

Lexington hadn't heard anything about the return to Balfour...not recently, at least. He knew there was a vague plan to go, but as far as the particulars, he was under the impression that they didn't know much of anything yet. But, it should hardly come as a surprise that he was out of the loop. A knight was rarely privy to such information, unless he was being asked to be involved. He simply nodded acknowledgement; there was little comment he could offer, considering how little he knew about the whole thing. "You hope I'll let you?" Lexington laughed, a good-natured disbelief coloring his voice. "As if I would tell you that you had to find your own way back to the castle. Do you think me so cold?" He laughed the whole time, obviously teasing her.

"I have to report back the next day," he said, recalling the note he'd found in the bags his twin had packed for him. "I'll have the night to rest from the trip, but then it's back to work."

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe she was all wrong about Lex and his opportunities to speak more, yes he couldn’t because of his specific duties, but he was never the most talkative person in the world. Actions spoke louder than words to her and she knew that he was always cautious of what he was doing or saying. She would always respect him for that along with other reasons why she liked him so much. Maybe she just needed to shut her own mouth sometimes and let the world around her speak for itself. Nodding at his words about the silence being a rare opportunity made her smile and she squeezed his arm a bit rubbing it gently using the tip of her thumb.

A part of her wanted to go to Balfour and explore the new land, but also to help her new friend the best that she could. Eva had saved so many lives and Lily would always be in her debt so if the occasion called for it and if she was to be summoned, she would go. She would miss her family, her home and yes she would miss Lex tremendously. Of course there would be mail and letters, but it could take months before a letter would reach the island.

Chuckling at his teasing, Lily was glad that he was letting loose a bit more around her. She smiled up at him before blushing a bit more, “Of course I do not think you are the least bit cold at least in that way Lex, I simply do not wish to impose on you and I know I don’t.” She replied softly before hearing that he had a day to report back to his duty. She slowly nodding knowing that she would have to make the best of their last day together.

“I have a question and I wish for your honest opinion Lex because you know how much I do value your opinion on matters. If I was summoned to go to Balfour and I wouldn’t know if I was to return for a few months, would you be willing to exchange letters? I would certainly miss your company and companionship.” She asked him curiously while glancing up into his eyes wondering what he was thinking.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that he thought more about it, Lexington could recall an intention within the royal family to send a group of people over to the stricken country. The idea had cropped up right after the cure had been introduced, but the idea had been shelved until Tuneric was back on its feet and healthy again; after all, there was no use sending people over to help when they were still recovering themselves. He thought it was noble of Lily to consider volunteering. Her help would likely be very useful, considering her knowledge of plants and her experience with the cure. He did worry, though, about her safety. Her family had already shown more weakness to the plague than most other bloodlines in Tuneric, and he hated the idea that she might fall ill herself. Not only that, but with a ravaged country came more lawlessness, and it wasn't hard to imagine that there would be increased bandits and the like, looting the houses of the dead and attacking any who dared to travel.

"I would be eager to exchange letters, not just willing," he said with a chuckle. "I would miss you very much while you would be away." He looked out over the gardens, wondering to himself why a woman who professed such a strong love for her home would consider leaving to go to what was essentially another world, to face a danger that she might not come back from. "It would be a big adventure, that's for sure. In another life I think I would have liked to go see it, but I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity. I certainly greatly respect any who would volunteer to go there now, when it's so dangerous. You have to promise if you go that you'll be careful."

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe she was crazy to even consider going over to Balfour to help everyone. She knew that Eva would never ask her to do this willingly or would ask Nolana herself. Nolana couldn’t do it being the head of the household now. Letting out a soft sigh, Lily wondered if she could actually go through with this plan. Did she have the strength and courage to actually get on a ship and go there for several months being away from everyone she knew and everything she was familiar with. She wanted to help others and she always would have that regret if she never went through with her plan. She was not betrothed or married nor did she have any commitments for the future. Lord Metcalfe did not need her, Nolana didn’t need her for specific business relations for the time-being so she was free to go. Her family would not understand why, but they would support her.

Needless to say, she may still change her mind, but for the time-being, Lily turned her attention back towards Lexington. The sun was shining on him and his smile was bright and full of kindness. He responded back that he wanted more than ever to keep in touch with her. She smiled back when he revealed that he would miss her company and about how much of an adventure it would be. He was correct, but she would certainly miss him as well. Then there was Lex to think about in her decision, if he continued to become a bigger part of her life, she wasn’t sure if she could actually leave him for months.

“That sounds lovely even though it will take a very long time to receive and send letters. I am still debating what to do; there is so many aspects to think about before I make this decision. I promise you that I will be as careful as I can Lex. No matter what happens, I will make my way back towards the capital. I have grown to love it there.” She told him with a smile before getting brave while taking a hand in his and rubbing it gently with the tip of her thumb, “I would miss you very much as well Lex. You mean a lot to me. Your company has been wonderful to have the past two years and I wish for many more years of it if you would allow it.” Lily told him with a smile before getting braver once more. Before she knew what she was doing, her body was betraying her and she leaned up and kissed his cheek gently. Blushing a bit, she grinned and pulled away hoping that he wasn’t uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Liliana Gyrtner; 04-03-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lex smiled as Lily reassured him that she'd be careful. He was still worried, of course, but he trusted that she would be true to her word. Her comment about having grown to love Hebron brought him a little bit of hope; in truth, he'd been reconsidering the question he'd intended to ask her. In light of the revelation that she was considering going to Balfour, it almost seemed unfair of him to continue on as he'd intended. He didn't want to sway her decision one way or another. After all, what if he asked her, and she decided to stay home, and then regretted not going? He would hate to have denied her that adventure.

As if she had read his mind, the next moment had Lily reaching up and kissing his cheek. His smile widened almost bashfully, and he looked over at her where she stood blushing. "That was...well, it was sort of something I wanted to ask you, actually." He put his hand over hers on his arm, sure in the pessimistic part of his mind that he was messing this up somehow, but he was too far in to turn back now. "You mean a lot to me, as well. You're one of my favorite people to spend time with, and I sincerely value your friendship." He paused, but only for a moment, as if he were working himself up to the point. "I was wondering if you might allow me the privilege of courting you." Again he paused, and it seemed like now would be where she would answer, but his nerves got the better of him and made him keep going. "And then perhaps - if you say yes, of course - after you return from Balfour and when things are quieter in Hebron...perhaps we can make things more official."

Finally he stopped, perhaps sensing that he'd not even come close to the sort of suave delivery that he'd pictured. His earnest expression did little to hide his nerves at her answer, and although part of his mind was pressing him to clarify that she needn't say yes, or that she could think about her answer, or that this didn't mean she had to leave Devonshire because he was more than willing to come here to see her. Mercifully, though, he kept silent and simply waited for her to speak.
    Last edited by Lexington Caldoran; 04-09-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever Lex smiled at her, she smiled back. She couldn’t help it, his smile was contagious and although she knew him well enough that she could easily distinguish the differences with various smiles he had. She had known him for over two years now and she would love to continue being around him for more than two years. He meant the world to her and she knew that she was rushing her feelings for him, but she could not ignore her heart anymore. She must follow her heart and even if he didn’t feel the same way, she would have no regrets. Although she knew somewhere deep down that Lexington did feel something for her beyond friendship.

She also knew that if things were going to get serious with Lex, then she would deeply reconsider her decision to go to Balfour. If he asked her to stay, she would in a heartbeat. No one knew of her plans yet except for him and Nolana. She could never keep anything from her elder sister not that she wanted to. He only needed to ask her to stay and she would.

He took her hand and cleared his throat getting her attention once more. Lily smiled sweetly at him squeezing his hand before slowly placing her right hand over his so that their hands were all connected in one way or another. He smiled at her and spoke of her in the highest regards telling her that he enjoyed her company and enjoyed her as well. She smiled at him and opened her mouth to reply back when he asked her if she would court him. She gasped softly in shock before smiling brightly and releasing her hands from his and hugging him tightly. Blinking back tears of excitement, she pulled back giving him a bright, warm smile.

“It would be my honor and privilege Lex to court you. Yes absolutely I will!” She told him excitedly with a smile and kissed his cheek again before hugging him again. She slowly released him with a smile taking his hand in hers again. Her mind suddenly drifted back to her trip and she sighed a bit. Things have now changed within a matter of seconds.

“Be honest with me here Lex please, now that we’re courting, do you really wish for me to go to Balfour? If you want me to stay I will, that is not fair to you if I leave and we don’t see one another for months if we are courting. You mean so much to me and your opinion matters to me very much. This will not sway my decision to be with you, but I just want you to not resent me at one point. I don’t wish to lose you Lex…” She trailed off slowly.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lexington hugged Lily back, the smile beaming from his face. "Thank you," he said, almost breathlessly, as he realized that his gamble had worked. It had actually worked! She'd agreed! Now the next thing was to get approval from Lily's mother. He didn't want to take anything for granted, but he had a good feeling about how that would go after his interactions with Seria over the week he'd been visiting. They got along quite well, and she seemed to like him, and trust him enough to let him spend time alone with her daughter. Hopefully everything would go as well as he thought it might. And of course Lily would have to tell her sister, and he could tell Lars that she'd accepted him.

Moments after accepting his proposal for courtship, Lily was back on the topic of her trip to Balfour. Lexington listened as she spoke her concerns, and he weighed what he was about to say with the sincerity Lily deserved. "I wish for you to do what you feel is right. I could never resent you, Lily, so don't let that thought worry you any longer. If you feel like going to Balfour is the right thing for you to do, then that's what you should do." He paused for a moment, looking up at the clouds drifting lazily through the blue sky before looking back down at the girl by his side. "I'll miss you terribly, of course. But better that I miss you for a month or so, than you live with a lifetime of regret for staying home when your heart says you should have gone. I will stay true to you no matter what, and count the days until you return home to me."

He squeezed her hand, hoping to reassure her, and looked down the path, his free hand going casually into his pocket as they strolled. "It's a very brave thing you're thinking of doing. I'm proud of you for even considering it. A person making that sort of sacrifice of time, purely for the benefit of other people, is a rare and special thing."

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As she hugged the man that she was now courting back tightly, she felt his strong yet gentle arms wrap around her body tightly as well. Just having him there to hold her meant everything to her and she leaned her head against his chest taking one split second to take it his scent. It was muskier than what she thought, but it was Lex. She loved everything about him and they released one another with a smile and he thanked her allowing her to blush a bit.

“You never have to thank me for acting upon my feelings Lex, I have liked you for a long time now and you have truly made me the happiest and luckiest woman alive because you could have anyone you wanted but you chose me. I am more than honored my dear…my Lex.” She told him softly with a smile as he took her hand in his and squeezed it as he responded to her statements about Balfour. She had everything almost all figured out, yet things changed in a heartbeat. She didn’t have herself to think about anymore, she had Lex. She knew her mother and Nolana would accept her bid to go, but that also meant she would be away from Lex for months. It could either strengthen their relationship or ruin it and the last thing she wanted was it to ruin it and have them waste months apart for no reason.

“My heart is telling me to go, but now I have another part of me telling me not to be selfish and be with you. You do understand that if I go, I won’t be back for at least two months Lex, it will take a long time to distribute the cure and help the Lady Baptiste however I can…it could take longer if something were to happen…I don’t know. Maybe I’m thinking too much, but I just want you to know that if you don’t want me to go I won’t go even if later on I do regret not going. I honestly wish to go help everyone and try and save people. There are mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, cousins, uncles, aunts and other people that I could save from this pain and heartache that my mother, sister and I have been through. I will miss you so much though…I will remain loyal to you and always remember that nothing will keep me from you once I come back. I won’t do it anymore, just this once I promise.” She tugged on his hand and turned him so she was facing him. Squeezing his hand gently, she slowly received some unexpected courage and leaned up a bit to kiss him on the cheek before hearing the roaring sound of thunder as a set of raindrops hit their faces unexpectedly.

Lily let out a laugh as she grabbed Lex’s hand and they ran back to the castle getting drenched by the pouring down rain that was coming down on them. She continued to laugh as they sprinted down the path and over to the side doors. Lily swung open the door and laughed loudly as the door closed behind Lex. They were both a mess, but the smile on his face gave her peace and more love towards this amazing man.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lexington listened to her speak her mind, holding her hand as she explained her feelings to him. As little as he wished to see her gone for months on end, the right answer seemed clear to him. Before he could answer, though, he felt the tug on his hand, and he turned and bent a little to accept her kiss. A smile came to his lips, and he straightened and was about to speak when the thunder cracked through the afternoon sky. Rainclouds he hadn't even noticed gathering opened upon them, and before they could even realize it they were both drenched. Lily pulled him and they ran together back down the path, Lexington keeping pace with how fast Lily's legs could carry her, and soon they were both safely inside.

Rain pounded on the door they'd just come through, and it came down with a rush that almost drowned out their laughter. Lex leaned against the wall, laughing and trying to catch his breath, one hand reaching up to sweep the excess water from his short hair. "As I was going to say," he began as his laughter subsided, "was that it sounds like you should follow your heart. I know it's a long journey, and I know you'll be gone for months, but I'm more than willing to wait for you." He stepped close to her, and put his hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes. "You're a girl worth waiting for, and I couldn't be happier that you're mine. That you're driven to give your time and your energy to others to save them from pain...it only makes me admire you more." Reaching up, he crooked his forefinger under her chin and tilted her head up, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on her lips.

He lingered for only a moment before stepping back, letting his hand slide down her arm to clasp her fingers lightly before his hand fell away. "You've gotta get out of your soaked clothes, and I do, too," he said, looking down and plucking at his shirt, the wet fabric making a sucking noise as it pulled away from his skin. "And if I'm not mistaken, you've got a bit of news to share with your mother, as well." He grinned down at her, and then held out his arm. "Shall I escort you to your rooms, my lady?"

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lily never knew how much one tiny kiss could change everything and with one little touch to her gentle lips, she knew that Lexington was truly the man that she had been wishing and praying for ever since she was a little girl reading fairy tales and stories of love and bravery. She truly had her own knight in shining armor and that small little gesture meant everything to her. A kiss could mean several little things, but there was only one kind of kiss that could take anyone’s breath away and even with a small kiss, Lily was done for. That was it, nothing and no one else mattered to her anymore.

The weather had arrived at the worst time for them but the situation was more comical than anything. As they held hands and the heavy rain poured on top of them, Lily couldn’t help, but laugh loudly as they ran towards the castle opening and closing the doors behind them quickly. She glanced over at Lex with a grin as he laughed as well shaking the water from his head of hair. She laughed trying to dodge it, but failing miserably as she grabbed two large towels from a nearby cabinet and handed him one as she wrapped hers around her chest not wanting him to see through her lightly-colored dress.

At his words of how much she was worth waiting for, Lily smiled back and ran a finger down his wet cheek, “And you are a man worth waiting for as well. No matter where life takes us, I will always follow you and be there for you Lex. I hope you know that. I’m yours as well and I couldn’t be happier right now. I have you and you will always have me.” She trailed off with a smile as she leaned up and met him with a soft, gentle kiss that lingered for more than a couple seconds. Reluctantly, they pulled away and she nodded agreeing with him with a smile, “I do indeed and she will have several questions of my attire so I must dry off and change. She will be thrilled, she really likes you, so there is nothing to worry about my Lex.” She assured him with a smile as she linked her arm through his as he lead her upstairs to her bedroom chambers.

Lily gave him a warm smile before placing a hand on his cheek rubbing it gently as she leaned up to kiss him once more. Grinning as she pulled away, “Enjoy the rest of your afternoon my dear. I shall see you for supper.”