User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Really See Me? [ 9/4, morning, Edward/Victoria ]

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edward gazed at her for a long moment after her apology, taking a moment to think just how to respond. In the end, a smile formed. "Thank you, Victoria. I appreciate you understanding my viewpoint on life. Believe you me, I fully understand yours. I wish for nothing more than to simply throw off the mantle of responsibilities and simply live life as I see fit. It's a heady feeling and I think of it every single day. But, since our brother passed the mantle unto me and there are no other suitable lords, it falls on me to keep this house moving forward." The smile turned into a small and tired one.

Edward knew she was not ready for marriage. She wanted to be allowed to run free, smell the flowers and play. Edward had been doing the same for himself. It was a selfish and boorish act on his part. Reaching out, he took her small hand into his own and gave her a comforting gesture. "I know the prospect of getting married is not appealing. At best, I have distant cousins I can call upon for marriage, but we will all have to do our part. I will be wedding, too. In fact, when we go to Aston, I will begin my search for a wife in earnest." The idea did not appeal to Edward.

Edward sighed heavily. "But, again, thank you. I promise you, though. I still want to see you dance, laugh and enjoy the company of others. You are a Fairfax. You are an exemplar of what a lady of the court can be. I should know.." he gave an encouraging grin, "I enjoy your company." Even when she was being a handful, he still loved her dearly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The apology worked wonders on calming him down, making her glad she'd done it. Victoria wasn't a naturally selfish girl, but the first real taste of freedom had probably gone to her head, not to mention the help from Gisela and Xavier to seize that destiny. She smiled back at him a little, nodding to his words. Perhaps Edward really did understand. She didn't exactly want to be in his position after all. He did have a lot of pressures and responsibility.

Marriage? The idea was not worth thinking about, especially since she was just eighteen. Too early for marriage, and she wanted time at court to be un-attached. Who knew what she could find while she was with Princess Vivienne? There were plenty of eligible, handsome noblemen in Tuneric. Young and full of life as well. Victoria wanted to dance, sing, play, flirt, all that she could. "You should get married first. You're the lord. And it would be hurtful to Cat if you found a husband for me first." Which, she believed, would buy her plenty of time. Finding a husband for Cat was probably going to be very difficult.

Hearing him echo her thoughts, she laughed. "Oh, do you? I thought you were getting very sick of me already."

@Edward Fairfax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12