User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All This is For You. [Backdated] August 20, 217 [The Grand Hall | Open]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reed realized too little too late what was going on, but he was trying to make up for lost time by reacting before any of the Royal family did. Especially with the King now on the dance floor himself with the Queen. He tried not to wince at Marcus's flamboyant style of dance and what looked like seductive moves that weren't appropriate either for a young, innocent girl or a well protected Princess with burly older brothers.

Grateful that Rosemary caught on to his plan, he didn't skimp her in the dance, but did his best. Just because he was dancing to rescue his friend from his over-developed sense of adventure and using his sister to do it, didn't mean he wasn't gentleman enough to make the dance itself unpleasant. "Any time you want a dance, consider my name on your card." At her question, he grinned wryly. "If you can make it happen. The problem as I see it is that he may catch on to what we intend and find ways of blocking it."

Looking over, he saw Princess Nataliah watching the pair and she wasn't exactly happy. Reed sighed, then looked at his sister. "Any ideas on how to make this look graceful and not like what it really is, us saving Marcus from himself and the block?"

@Rosemary Gardiner

House Gardiner Rosemary Gardiner's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her brother may have been worried about trying to intercept Marcus, but Rosemary was an old hat to this kind of trick. She was certainly appreciative of his willingness to always allow her the chance to snag a dance with him. For that she exchanged a playful wink and didn’t seem too worried about anything that was about to transpire.

“I’ll keep that promise locked away in my mind to blackmail you with later, dear brother. For now, just follow my lead and we shouldn’t have a problem intercepting our troublemaking Romanov cohort. Just make sure you are your charming self and pretend you’ve wanted a dance with our lovely new princess from the moment you saw her. That should keep her happily distracted.” Rosemary smiled coyly as she waited for them to get closer to the dangerous pair that was already causing some eyebrows to be raised.

With careful footing and a nod of encouragement, Rosemary twirled out of Reed’s embrace and swept quickly past the dancing dangerous liaisons. In a flash of fluidity, the Gardiner woman lovingly ran her finger across Marcus’s hand and gingerly pulled the man from his original partner, forcing him to turn towards her and take command.

Immediately she slipped into a dance position with the Romanov black sheep and said to him with a smirk, “Are you trying to get your head separated from your neck? Or are you aiming for another body part to be removed by His Highness instead?”

@Reed Gardiner

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knew his sister could be so skillfull in her conniving? Oh wait, the Gardiner lord knew, that was why he enlisted her in the rescue effort. Grinning at her, he bowed his head to her in acknowledgement of her words. "Blackmail me? You can't blackmail me when I'm willing, sister dear, but yes. Lead the way." He speared a glance over at Marcus, shaking his head at the way their friend was shocking the Court. "One of these days," he muttered just loudly enough for her to hear, "he's going to get himself into trouble when we're not around to bail him out of it. Try and talk some sense into him, would you please? I'm not ready to lose my friend to his own bad judgement."

With the trading of partners, Reed smiled charmingly at the lovely young Princess. "By your leave, Your Highness, may I continue the dance?" He met her eyes with a hint of warning that it just might be a good idea for her to play along. His hand took hers gently but firmly, drawing the Princess into a much more decorous stance for dancing and swept her away from Marcus and Rosemary. Once Reed felt sure they were out of ear-shot, he spoke for Tatianna's ears alone. "Forgive me for interrupting, Princess, but it was intended as an act of gallantry. I would hate to see your evening ruined by a display of temper that could be very easily avoided."

Much as Marcus was his friend, Reed knew him very well. The man had an eye for the ladies, and for leading the innocent into the land of temptation. Tatianna was not like Rosemary, born sophisticated and prepared to deal with a wolf like Marcus Romanov. She was a tender little lamb. He wanted to warn her, but he also feared that if he did, he would only encourage her to seek Marcus out and land herself in more trouble. So, Reed would save his threats and warnings for Marcus instead, where they might do some good.

@Tatianna Farrand-Calhoun

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their dance continued and the exchange between them was soft and salacious. Marcus could feel the flush of her skin, the thumping of her heart, and the fluttering of her breath as she spoke to him. Indeed, these were the things he loved the most, and he savored the interlude between them every second of the way. Time stood still if only to allow him the chance to seduce the novice princess from all of the others.

He could see it in her eyes, hear it in her voice. She longed for a freedom, a life that was hers alone. Now that her life was spared he knew she wanted to grasp that chance and run. Tatianna shivered under his breath before twirling away and asking him what those firsts might be. With a twitch of a smirk he pulled her close once more and murmured, “Whatever sins you wish of me to perform, Princess. I am, after all, your most humble of servants.”

However before he could speak of those sins further he felt the soft tingle of a woman’s finger glide along his arm. Hooked into another’s embrace, he turned about to see Rosemary standing before him and moving in to take his hands and force him into a dance with her. Naturally a scolding of slight mirth was to follow, and he chuckled before obliging to play along for now.

“Have I alarmed you already? Oh dear, I can only imagine what my parents must be thinking.” The tone was facetious with the intent to mock his family. He didn’t give a damn what his parents thought, but if Rosemary and Reed were intervening then it must have meant that his overt display of claim upon the princess was well noted to those of court. “Have you not found another suitor to wrap your legs around this evening, Rose?”
    Last edited by Marcus Romanov; 06-21-2014 at 10:45 PM.

House Farrand-Calhoun Tatianna Farrand-Calhoun's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time fluttered away without a single minute of regret as Tatianna followed Marcus's lead in the dance. It was no dance like she'd ever learned, but that made it all the more enjoyable for her. Marcus had a way of stepping beyond the bounds to forge his own exciting path. Was it any surprise that the Princess was drawn to him and all the excitement he could offer to her? Life had just begun for Tatianna Farrand-Calhoun, and she was eager to try all that she could as fast as she could to make up for lost time. Their dance was just another way of starting, the kiss they had shared on the day of Lochlan's coronation coming back to mind for her.

Before she could answer his comment, a fresh blush threatening to cover her cheeks, Tatianna found herself facing a very different partner in Lord Gardiner. She blinked, stunned for the moment the Lord of Baldell needed to dance her well out of Marcus's range, but frowned at him. The move was ungentlemanly, as far as she was concerned, but his words made her think, looking over to where her brother was dancing with Jacquelyn. She didn't see any signs of temper there, but as she looked towards Nataliah and saw the worry in her sister's eyes, she sighed. Maybe he was right and she was crossing a line that she shouldn't.

Thinking for a minute, she nodded and let Reed guide her through the dance. "Then I... thank you for your assistance." Even if I could handle it, and him.

Junior Member Gabriel Blackthorne's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the exchange of partners occurred, Gabriel made his way around the outskirts of the dance floor. It was fascinating to watch the Gardiners moving in such a coordinate manner, reminding himself that they and the Romanovs were close friends. It suited them, really, as both families were rather eccentric in their own way. Gabriel made a note become far more familiar with the Gardiners. As for the Romanovs, he had more than enough information. The expression on his face remained pleasant, if not vaguely amused, as he witnessed the m Marcus being pulled away from his pure, pleasant and pretty princess.

Lord Gardiner had made his own move, no doubt seeking to protect said princess. His brother had told him to keep a close eye on Tatianna, but he was not feeling quite so bold as to stroll onto the dance floor. Gabriel preferred to go largely unnoticed. Nonetheless, he would reveal himself when the moment came. Besides, he needed to see just whom Tatianna would select as her ladies in waiting. Would they naught but lovely paper thin shields, or a force to be reckoned with?

Gabriel was excited. He adored a challenge.

Junior Member Adele Blackthorne's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was among the people present at Court, having just finished one of the dances she was enjoying while discreetly keeping an eye on the goings on. One never knew when the knowledge was needed for later. A hopefully subtle glance around the floor once she had finished and rendered suitable thanks to her now former partner revealed the presence of one of her brothers, but where was the other? Deciding to leave Gabriel to his devices for the time being, Adele twirled over to Remy, counting on her other brother to put in the appearance when he deemed fit and their location open enough for notice.

“There you are,” she beamed, deciding against sneaking up on him. “I hope you weren’t skulking about here all this time with only our dear brother for company? People may think the two of you are up to something.” Of course, knowing the three of them, they were always up to something, not necessarily good. Still, Adele supposed she would find out, if it was relevant, but for now waited to see what her oldest sibling’s excuses were going to be this time. These excuses were always fun to hear, after all.
    @Remy Blackthorne

House Gardiner Rosemary Gardiner's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had gone back long enough to know that the games of words they played with one another was nothing new. There was no insult to what he said given the fact that they were birds of the same feather. The only difference between them was the fact that Rosemary was good at being discreet whereas Marcus felt no inclination unless the woman he was hitting on was married.

Giving him a seductive smile she followed his lead as she felt his hands upon her body in a similar fashion to the princess not too long ago. “I’d ask you to put in a good word with the King, but I think even you’ve destroyed that chance. I can’t have a rogue playboy trying to talk me up.”

A quick twirl out and then back in, she pressed her body against his and continued their waltz across the floor. “I can’t say I’m surprised by your selection, but you certainly wasted no time moving quickly.”

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As their bodies moved and glided in synchronicity Marcus simply replied back, “Rose, how long have you known me? With all the times we’ve had together in the past I would think you, of all people, could predict me to the letter. But I digress…it was a change in the winds of fate that brought me to the lovely princess. I am not one to pass an opportunity when given the chance.”

As the song came to its eventual conclusion he pulled Rosemary off to the side and softly kissed her hand. “Good luck on your search, My Lady. But if fortune does not favor you here, there are other ventures at the Broken Wheel Tavern. An old acquaintance of mine, Brandon Goldstein is hosting a party there. I have other invitations elsewhere. Be my ambassador, will you?” Marcus winked before bowing and dismissing himself appropriately from her watch. Slowly he walked around the outer dance floor as he captured one last glance with Tatianna and nodded to her knowingly. This would not be the last time they’d see each other that much he knew.

But for now he had to move on elsewhere. Eyes weighed heavily upon him, especially that of his mother and father from across the room. As he set his movements to blend into the crowd, he passed by the likes of a lovely young blonde girl who verbally engaging with another gentlemen observing the dance.

Perhaps Marcus should entertain a different kind of company tonight. Unfortunately this particular event required the highest of proprietary behavior, and he was more in the mood to satiate another attitude.

@Adele Blackthorne
    Last edited by Marcus Romanov; 07-06-2014 at 11:23 PM.

House Farrand-Calhoun Lochlan Farrand-Calhoun's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "After all this, do you have much more business to do? Or will I finally get you to myself for a time?"

Lochlan smiled as he lead his Queen down to the dance floor. He fell into step easily with Jacquelyn and after a moment of thought he finally answered. "I feel as though I should not do business on this night. I fear I have had too much to drink at this celebration and I simply cannot do anything tonight that applies to the country." He gave her a devilish grin, she'd seen that he'd had nothing to drink that night, she knew what he was saying.

He held her hand as they danced but he noticed the movements of Nataliah as she approached the Tuneric King. Her face was a bit twisted, not noticeably to anyone who didn't know her better than well. He followed her gaze to Tatianna and the man who danced with her. "Who is he?" He asked Jacquelyn as his eyes followed his youngest sister.

His eyes watched on as the Gardiner Lord swept the Princess into dance as his partner and removed her from the grasp of the rather crude young man. "I don't like him."

@Jacquelyn
    Last edited by Lochlan Farrand-Calhoun; 07-13-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything felt right then, as Jacquelyn was held in her husband's arms. Their bodies moved in sync, perfectly attuned to one another, and it truly was as if they'd been made by the gods as a matched set. If only Luther hadn't interfered in their lives, things now could have been much different. For better or for worse as far as the land was concerned she didn't know, but for herself she knew the years would have been kinder.

His promise to leave affairs of state behind for the night ringing in her ears, Jacquelyn was disturbed to hear the change in his tone. She had prayed so much for this night to go perfectly, she almost couldn't bear the thought of something ruining the joy and peace of the night. But reluctantly her gaze followed her husband's, to a man dancing quite close to the princess for whom this night was for.

"Romanov, I believe. Not in the direct line, I don't think, or far from the seat if so. I've only seen him once or twice before." She wished now she had the sort of memory some people did, where they could see a person and recall their name and place even if they'd only seen them once.

Lord Gardiner seemed alarmed as he swooped in with his sister, breaking up the dance that had the king's ire up. "I'm not sure what to think of him, either," she said frankly, and her gaze moved to find Nataliah, who was also watching the exchange. She made a note to look into this man further, to see who he was and what could be found out about him. One thing was for sure, he'd drawn the king's attention, and not in a positive way. It would be some effort to change Lochlan's opinion of him, if he was ever of the mind to do so.

---
    @Lochlan Farrand-Calhoun

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cailen's eyes followed Nataliah's as she looked over to the man dancing with Princess Tatianna. "I'm not sure I'd thank him at all, it's an honor to be dancing with her." He tilted his head back to her, ignoring the look Grayson was giving him. "Though, I must say, it seems he may be taking advantage of the situation your sister is in." He looked back to the dance floor but not before he scooted his chair back and took Nataliah's hand. Cailen noticed the look in Lochlan's eyes and lifted an eyebrow.

"Your brother seems less than impressed with that young man as well." He led Nataliah around the table and onto the marble floor where the lights glittered across dresses and diamonds. He wrapped his arms around the Princess in a familiar, yet tasteful, way and began to fall into step with the music. "May I ask what color your dress is tonight, Your Highness?" He flashed her a charming smile, hoping that maybe he'd be able to tell one color from another, if only with a small margin of error.

@Nataliah

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nataliah considered Cailen's words. "The only thanks he'd get would be for making her look so happy. I'm grateful for anyone who puts a genuine smile on Tianna's lips tonight...you know how awful these sorts of things can be, and even moreso for her since everyone's a stranger. I swear, though, if anyone tries to pull any bullshit politics with her..." The threat hung unfinished, as the princess reigned in her temper. There was no need to get worked up over things that were only likely to happen.

Her gaze found Lochlan as they moved toward the floor, and she almost cringed. She could tell the extent of his ire just from the position of his shoulders, and it wasn't good. "Maybe I'll have to go have a word with that man later, before he does. I think even I can muster more tact than he'd be able to, and perhaps the scoundrel can get away with his head still attached to his neck." Her words were quiet, meant only for Cailen, and the people that passed close to them would never know the nature of their conversation.

Setting into a comfortable hold, Nataliah smiled, the expression familiar and tender. "Purple," she answered him. "Not terribly dark. One can only wear house colors so often in a short span of time, and this seemed a nice, subdued option so that Tianna has the full spotlight." Not that she ever imagined that she could compete with her sister as far as looks went. It wasn't that she thought herself unattractive, but with her athletic build and small curves she knew she was hardly ideal. Tatianna, on the other hand, was statuesque in her beauty, and it would only grow as she gained confidence.

---
    @Cailen Shellten

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I swear, though, if anyone tries to pull any bullshit politics with her..."

"I hope it's not too forward of me to say, but I love it when you get aggressive." If anyone couldn't tell that Cailen only had one love in his life they were quite blind. It was her way of taking charge that caught his attention, and certainly her way of wielding a sword had quite the effect on him. They fell into step among the crowd of other dancers though it seemed as though they were the only pair in the room.

Cailen gave her a smile when she answered his questions without looking at him strangely. He remembered when he'd asked his sisters how to compliment a woman with them knowing his disability. Be vague but confident. They'd always told him. Tonight it seemed like second nature and he was no longer afraid to say the wrong thing. "Well, I must say that purple looks fantastic on you."

@Nataliah

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cailen's comment cooled some of Nataliah's ire, and the corner of her mouth pulled up into a smirk. "I wonder how long you'll find it to be something you love." It was spoken like a challenge, with the implication that even after they were married, she had no intention of cooling her personality. The ideal of a cowed, quiet wife was...well, not for her. And she was in a position to not have to submit to it, either. Cailen had pursued and won her, and now she would do him the favor of at least warning him of what he could expect.

Her attention was still divided as they danced; she couldn't help but keen an eye on her family, to monitor the situation in case it escalated again. But it didn't seem like it would, and Cailen's compliment drew her attention more fully. She smiled, a softness to the expression beneath the amusement, and she nodded her head. "Thank you, Your Highness." There was a cool sort of confidence he didn't often display in the way he'd spoken, and Nat found herself charmed by it. It was almost as if the rest of the world fell away, leaving only the two of them swirling on the dance floor.

---
    @Cailen Shellten

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123