User Tag List

Thread: Ain't No Stopping Us Now. 9/17. HMS Dreadnought Deck. Afternoon. William&Lily. (Closed)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ain't No Stopping Us Now. 9/17. HMS Dreadnought Deck. Afternoon. William&Lily. (Closed)

As she made her way up the ladder that would take her to the deck of the HMS Dreadnought, Lady Liliana Gyrtner tried to keep her balance ignoring the remarks coming from a couple crew members calling her a silly woman. Rolling her eyes, she grunted and jumped up before landing on the last step in perfect balance. She turned around smirking at the men before standing up tall and walking around the deck of the large ship. Everything was going well so far in the journey and she was enjoying getting to know the other people going with them. However there was the one person she wanted to speak to privately to the Captain himself.

From afar there he stood speaking to another sailor and she lingered to the railing looking overboard. Wrapping her shawl around her shoulders, Lily glanced down at the water wondering if she could find any sea creatures lingering about or swimming next to the ship. Taking a deep breath, she inhaled the sea water before exhaling with a smile. This was quite an adventure so far and she was still nervous for the future, but she was more optimistic about it now. She missed everyone of course, but Nolana and Lexington were right, she had to make the most of it.

As the sailor left William’s side, Lily took a deep breath hoping that she wouldn’t make a fool out of herself in front of the man that had captured her sister’s attention…even her heart it seemed like, “Captain Remington? Do you have a free moment to speak with me?” Lily asked curiously being polite as she gave him a bright smile.

@William Remington

House Remington William Remington's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Captain, we're almost ready to set sail." William turned to the sailor that had been addressing him and gave him a confident nod. "It seems so." He answered quickly. "Don't let me keep you, get back to your duties, make sure the deck is clean and clear and that the other's are ready for our departure."

"I do of course." William had looked back over his shoulder to make sure that the sailor had gone off and back to work. Giving the men orders, at times, was quite annoying to the Captain. In his mind he thought they should already know what they needed to do and him having to stop to give them instructions was quite a pain.

"What is it you need Lady ... ?" He did not know who he was speaking with and attempted to return her smile with a more business type expression.

@Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more time she spent on the ship at sea, the more Lily couldn’t help, but wonder if this was still the right path for her. Things had changed drastically for her and she missed Nolana and Lexington more than ever. As much as she missed them, she also knew just how big of an adventure this truly was for the youngest Gyrtner sister. She would probably never have this chance to do it again and one time would be plenty for her.

As Captain Remington addressed her formally, she was a bit surprised that he did not recognize her, but she told herself, that Nolana had never introduced the pair to one another. It made perfect sense, she scolded herself as she curtseyed in front of him to be polite, “Forgive me Captain for being rude and not introducing myself earlier, my name is Lady Liliana Gyrtner, sister of the Lady Nolana of Devonshire. I believe you are a friend of my sister and I have only come to thank you for allowing me to accompany you on the trip. My sister speaks very highly of you Captain.” She revealed herself with a smile anxious to see the look on his face.

@William Remington

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He returned her curtsy with a bow and he gave her the warmest smile he could in the situation. Yes he was annoyed at the men around him but it had nothing to do with the woman before him. She was giving him compliments, telling him that her sister thought highly of him. He was supposed to, in this situation, be polite and smile.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Gyrtner." William attempted not to eye the sailors that worked around him but he couldn't help himself. "Nolana spoke of you and I am sorry we have not met sooner."

@Lillana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captain Remington was exactly as Nolana described to be and even more. He was handsome there was no doubt about that, but he certainly wasn’t the tall, muscular, blonde haired knight that she was missing more than ever right now. There was something about Captain Remington that Lily couldn’t place her finger on and it would probably drive her crazy, but that was the mystery of it all. She gave him a kind, polite smile as he returned the favor of bowing to her politely.

“It is very nice to meet you as well Captain. As I have said, my sister has spoken very highly of you and assured me that you were the best person to lead this mission. I am also honored to be in the company of a man who has given my sister a reason to smile more and the enjoyment of someone else’s company besides my own. I am afraid that I often do not spend enough time with her since I have started courting a man however she insists that she is happy herself. I see that in her as well. There is no need to apologize for not meeting me sooner Captain, we both have been busy preparing for this trip and I am grateful that I have the chance of meeting you to thank you for your time and dedication to this….adventure as people keep telling me it is.” She commented with a smile hoping that he wouldn’t get too embarrassed by her comment about her sister. She meant it in the highest regards.

@William Remington

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Your sister is a fine woman and a good friend." He replied with a smile. "This is a great cause and I am proud that His Majesty has chosen me to lead you and the others on your journey to Balfour. I have been told that the land is beautiful and quite a bit unlike our home. I cannot wait to see it." He glossed over her other compliments as he had actually felt a bit strange being put on the spot.

"Have you found your lodgings to be comfortable? I do hope the staff aboard this vessel has assisted you in making yourself at home?" She was just as Nolana had said. Sweet, kind, and a proper lady. He would keep her safe as well as he could.

@Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lily smiled kindly at the Captain's kind, genuine words spoken about her sister and how they had been chosen by the King to take this journey. It had not been as much of a process to be chosen as a member of the Captain's crew to Balfour. She had simply written to his Majesty informing him of her desire to join the cause and the next thing she knew, she had been summoned to Court and had been chosen for it. Deep down she knew she was doing the right thing however things had changed when Lexington asked her to court him before she had departed and now Lex was always in her mind and in her heart. She truly did love him and hoped that he would not forget her while she was away.

"The Lady Baptiste spoke to us about the land and you are correct Captain, the land is very different compared to the lands of Tuneric and that is one of the reasons why I asked his Majesty to let me aide those in need. What are your plans once we port and get settled?" She asked curiously turning to face the beautiful ocean waters once more feeling at peace once again. Taking a deep breath of the sea air, she smiled and turned towards Captain Remington again.

"Yes I have thank you very much. The men have been most helpful and I hope to get acquainted with the others as soon as they are settled and comfortable as well. I want everything to run smoothly for you and the crew and I hope that peace on the ship without drama will help in that situation. I promise to not give you any trouble though."

@William Remington