User Tag List

Thread: Cupid Comes to Psyche [ 09/24, evening, Tatianna/Marcus, Closed ]

House Farrand-Calhoun Tatianna Farrand-Calhoun's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cupid Comes to Psyche [ 09/24, evening, Tatianna/Marcus, Closed ]

The grounds of Moorford Estates were under a hush still, thanks to the plague that kept most out and the Farrand-Calhouns in. Now that she was home, Tatianna felt a little lost and trying to find her way in the wake of Langston's betrayal, the flight from Tuneric and the changes that had taken place in the last year's time. She did not feel like herself, did not feel like a Princess or even a Farrand-Calhoun. It made no sense and she told herself she was being silly.

Hoping that she could get past this strange funk, she took herself out to the gardens to re-familiarize herself with them and to relax in the soft evening air. Her hair was left down and she had changed out of the more formal gown she had worn to receive the Romanov delegation earlier, trading it for one of the gowns she'd brought back from Tuneric. It floated around her like a soft rosy cloud, making her blend with the flowers she walked among. Here she felt like she was finally home, fingers brushing over the petals of some of the cabbage roses before she stopped to pick one or two.

Choosing an ivory rose and a pink one, Tatianna smiled down at them. Their sweet scent had been what she had missed, because there was nothing in Tuneric like them. Oh true, the northern island realm had its own roses, but the ones of Balfour were very different and in her opinion, they were more fragrant. Carrying the blossoms to a bench, she sat down to watch the stars come out and see which she could still recognize.

She was home.

@Marcus Romanov

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The arrival in Moorford Estate was an interesting affair to say the least. Now that they had delivered the cure and spoken of their successes and the like there was very little else left to do. Sure, he would be assisting in administrating the cure to the royal family tomorrow most likely, but he assessed that Wilhelm would be doing the honors for most of that. Instead he had plans on finishing up a letter to send back home to Old Havenwich involving some investments in new engineering regarding indoor plumbing.

But the highlight of his entire evening wasn’t the delivery of a vaccine, or the intriguing concepts of new inventions. In the wake of death and destruction there was something that had reappeared into his life; a ray of sunlight in the shadows of rain and clouds. Originally it would have slipped his mind entirely had Alexander not mentioned it multiple times over the course of their last interlude. Only a year had gone by, but everything that had transpired made it seem that much longer between the two of them. He had gone back to his usual exploits whilst Tatianna began living her new life, whatever that entailed.

Now, however, those two worlds collided again.

That knowing, mischievous smile that crept up on his face in the meeting was all too obvious. Despite all that Balfour had gone through, Marcus wasn’t about to let sorrow rule his mind. A few hours after the meeting, he walked the halls casually as he reacquainted his memories with everything that had transpired a year ago. Walking past the balcony, his blue eyes glanced in the direction where the two of them shared their initial meeting. The energy around this place still laced heavily with the events that had transpired in ghostly visages.

The night sky and balmy air felt good as he unbuttoned the outer, formal part of his tunic and loosened up his cuffs. Marcus was never one to keep things in order upon his body. But every element of his style seemed casually calculated. He wore informality as though it were a shroud of allure to his charm. Eventually his slow steps made their way to a new wing of the castle and he followed the scent of the flowers as their dew wafted in the breeze and guided him to explore the gardens.

In the distance he came across the glowing blonde locks of hair, kissed by the moonlight. The fair figure that was sitting with her back facing him was something out of a dream. Softly he smiled, simply enjoying the moment of silence as he looked upon her every feature from the vantage point he had available. Flowers slept lazily in her fingers as she caressed them with a tenderness to go with the level of melancholy that exuded from her posture. His steps of approach were the only sound in the air. When he was but a foot away from her, Marcus leaned in and spoke gently to her, “We must stop meeting like this.” His voice tried to assuage her sorrow with velvet tones. “As lovely as sorrow looks upon your elegant features, it is not you.”

Backing away, he stood before Tatianna and gave her a respectful nod, “My Princess. It has been a while.”

@Tatianna Farrand-Calhoun

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “We must stop meeting like this. As lovely as sorrow looks upon your elegant features, it is not you.”

Her head lifted with a gasp, startled out of her thoughts to gaze wide-eyed on the man who had been the stuff of her dreams for a good, long time after her introduction to Balfour. He had given her her very first kiss... and helped her earn her first real scolding from Lochlan on how to behave herself without causing a scandal. For a moment, Tianna wasn't sure if he was real.

“My Princess. It has been a while.”

Recovering her wits, she laughed weakly, catching her breath and blushing at being caught off-guard. "So it has. And changes have come to both of us. Isn't that so, Lord Romanov?" Tianna couldn't help teasing him on his new role as Lord of the House, but she sobered for just a minute. "I am sorry for your losses. It must be so very hard for you, your brother and sister." She hadn't seen Lady Elsa with the two Romanov men, but perhaps they had insisted she stay in Old Havenwich for her safety.

Rising to her feet, the roses still in hand, Tatianna smiled once more. "I am glad to see that you came out of this well, however. How have you been, all things considered? And how are you adjusting to your new role?" The questions tumbled past her lips, asked with eager curiosity and a genuine desire to hear the answers. His mere presence had chased the sorrow from her face and kindled a light in her eyes that had been missing since Nataliah revealed Langston's treachery and death to her. Bringing that news to Lochlan had been the hardest thing she had ever done in her life.

She had kept herself isolated, wanting to try and come to terms with it, but wondered now if that had been a mistake. Lochlan and Jacquelyn did not blame her for what happened, and were glad that she was safe, that she had not come to harm herself. Trials had affected them both, it seemed. How much a year could do...

@Marcus Romanov

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gasp that came from her lips brought a sense of satisfaction to him. Seeing the shiver of surprise run down her skin was something of an aphrodisiac to him as he slowly stood back up and allowed her to turn in his direction. Eventually she laughed; a concerted effort to swat away the pain that seemed to plague her every time he crossed paths with her. When she greeted him back there was a certain emphasis on his name this time around. Obviously she discovered during his arrival that things had changed. Once he was the second son of a second son and now he was lord and master of Old Havenwich. Who would have guessed that this was the outcome of a year’s worth of events.

Softly he chuckled and glanced away for a moment before reconnecting to her gaze once more. “I thank you for your concern, Your Highness. It has dwindled my family’s numbers but not our spirits.”

Marcus wasn’t about to divulge the fact that he quite enjoyed that his parents and brother were no longer around to throw disapproving sentiments in his direction. However the other losses were palpable enough. At least the family that had survived were the ones whose company he could either enjoy or at least tolerate.

As she continued to speak further on the matter, he reached up and rubbed at the scruff on his jawline before nodding, “It’s been an interesting ride that much is for certain. Some adjustments are easier to work with than others. I think I might have a fraction of an idea of what you went through a year ago. But my trials are minimal by comparison.”

Putting his hands back into his pockets he gave her a tender smile before nodding in his direction, “What about you, my lady? Time has been kind to your features but appears to have taken an emotional toll.”

Slowly he made his way around and took a seat in the open area next to her. Leaning forward he rested his elbows upon his knees and rubbed his hands together absentmindedly. Looking up to Tatianna, he gave her that boyish smile of concern. “Care to unburden yourself once more?”

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time had a way of changing everything and everyone. Never was that more true then in Balfour, and in the two of them. Tatianna watched Marcus for a moment, feeling like she was better prepared to handle him as he was, wondering if he was still the same incorrigible flirt and rake as the man she met a year ago. Probably; he seemed to enjoy playing that role, but perhaps his changed circumstances had persuaded him to alter a little. Sitting back down, she left room beside her if he wanted to take it.

The rub of his fingers against the scruff reminded her how handsome he remained. His looks hadn't altered even slightly in the passage of time since she sailed for Tuneric, and they still called to her, especially his eyes. "Trials shouldn't be compared, Lord Romanov. What you have endured is no less trying or painful then what I have been through. They're just different, and they help make us who we are." Tianna knew she was stronger and some-what wiser in her sadness for the year's passing. "Coming through them means you are the victor in that particular battle."

Feeling him sit beside her, she smiled briefly. He spoke of the look in her eyes, making the blue lower. There would be no hiding what happened soon enough, so she would not hide it from him. "My brother Langston is dead, and there was some very serious trouble of his making before he died. I brought his ashes, and the news, home with me from Tuneric." She had shed all of the tears she had, but her head still lowered. The loss still stunned her, as much as learning what Langston had done.

@Marcus Romanov

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His eyes occasionally wandered to various places as he took the time to admire her every curve. The smoothness of her skin, the golden tendrils of her hair, the way she smiled or showed concern. Every element of her creation was pleasing to look at; even more so was the way she carried herself. The friction between decorum and the fact that she was still forbidden to him was the part that made it that much more alluring to him along the way.

As she spoke he couldn’t help but flash another smile, something that had become an uncontrollable force of habit around Tatianna every time. “I see we took the life lessons to heart a year ago.”

He chuckled softly as he was reminded of how he was telling her to live her life to the fullest, and now she was giving him encouragement. Had a year really been all that was needed to give the princess such strength of wisdom? “My battles through this new role are just beginning for me. But I believe I will succeed in my own way. Likely not in the ideal way of my remaining family, but I have never been the sort to appease the demands of others all that much.”

Things felt relaxing as he made himself comfortable in the space beside her and he listened as she explained what had transpired. It seemed there was no end to the amount of death that would nip at her heels in regards to family affairs. Clearly this troubled her even more so than that of the brother that had taken her place upon the sacrificial alter. As she explained briefly of what had transpired, the warm glow of her spirit flickered and dulled. Once again her body language told all as she lowered her features and seemed to express her defeat of the fact that her brothers were quite the troublesome lot that only brought her sorrow.

“Shh…” Marcus spoke softly as he reached over and glided the tip of his forefinger down her lower arm and over her wrist. It was just designed to tickle a little, bringing some kind of pleasure to the pain she was enduring over family now lost. There were no words of comfort that could be spoken to her. It was already such a heavy hit from a year ago, but to have a second moment of loss of this caliber could not be soothed with fancy words or expressions.

Deciding to distract her a little, he pulled back and kept his attention focused upon her, “Tell me about Tuneric.”

His curiosity about her travels there piqued his interest for reasons he couldn’t quite explain. Although Nataliah was married to their king, he couldn’t help but wonder if Lochlan had other plans for the saved sister. “Is your sister doing well at least?”

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A year's maturity had helped her physically, emotionally... and politically, though there was still so much of the innocent girl he had first met. Lochlan, Jacquelyn and Nataliah had all worked to preserve that in Tatianna, despite efforts made by Langston and others to rip it away from her. Tianna had learned another hard lesson from yet another brother, though. Perhaps there was treachery in their blood, though thankfully Lochlan was the best of them. He was not like Luther or Langston, rising above their dives into the mire.

A small smile rose to his tease about the life-lessons. She had understood what he meant when he told her to live her life and to be open to adventures. Her time in Tuneric had certainly been that even if it had ended badly. Now that she was back home, Tianna hoped for a stretch of time where there was peace and a chance to find happiness with her family, instead of chaos and scandal. "I tried to," she agreed.

He soothed her as she explained what happened with Langston, a shiver coming in response to the touch, no doubt as he intended. Marcus had never failed to strike her as a man who knew each and everything he did, doing it with a definite purpose. Distracting her with the question, Tianna thought for a few minutes. There were aspects of Tuneric that she had liked, and she was pleased that he remembered to ask about Nataliah.

"She is doing better. She is with child, their first. I hope to return to be there when she gives birth." Her face brightened at the prospect of seeing her newest nephew or niece brought into the world, as she had missed the birth of Lochlan and Jacquelyn's child. Still, getting a chance to hold the baby had soothed some of her sorrow, and Tianna was already a doting aunt on the baby Prince. "As for Tuneric... they are like us in many ways, but not. So much more stiff and formal, and you can tell when someone does not think well of a person. But there is... a lot of conflict there. It made me nervous some times."

Tatianna looked up at him with a laugh. "Despite your uncle's tutoring, I'm still not very good at politics. How is he? And Lady Annemarie?"

@Marcus Romanov

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He watched the goose bumps on her skin rise a little as his finger glided down her arm for a brief moment. Marcus was practically taunting himself more than Tatianna by doing this. Her soft skin was so lovely to touch, and the thoughts tucked in the back of his mind weren’t helping him any. But he maintained control regardless of his baser desires lingering in the background. The pause she took to think upon a proper answer only allowed him the chance to undress her with his eyes until such a time that she spoke. If she only knew what was swimming about in his head she would likely slap him and run, but thankfully not a power like that in the universe existed, otherwise he would have been in far more trouble a lot sooner.

Tatianna brightened significantly when she spoke of her sister being with child. Women always did enjoy that part of life, and Marcus was confused as to why. Maybe he’d understand some day, but for now her sentiments on being an aunt superseded his confusion. The philosopher in him knew the core reasons of science as to why, but the flighty rogue in him couldn’t reconcile with it. But she moved on to what the people were like and to that he chuckled a little, “More people like our parents? Oh, that’s lovely. I’m sure you had your fair share of disapproving scowls then, yes? Don’t worry; you become desensitized to it over time.”

Playfully he nudged her with his shoulder and remarked, “Probably for the better that your sister married over there and not you. A cage of that caliber doesn’t suit you, princess. You’re far too vibrant of a soul for that kind of life.”

When the topic changed directions towards Alexander, Marcus had to smirk and clear his throat. “Well apparently House Romanov and Baptiste are about to become unified over more than just a cure.” After a slight pause he rolled his eyes playfully and added, “Lord Alexander proposed to the Lady Annemarie about a week ago. Quite honestly he should have done it sooner, but he is a bit on the daft side when it comes to that kind of thing.”

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even from the start, Marcus had been one to touch her casually. Nothing too overt, nothing to make her uncomfortable, just little light touches that made her very aware of him next to her or around her. Her breath caught, surprised that he knew how to have such an effect on her, but Tianna also was a little more aware of Marcus's reputation with the ladies of Balfour now then she had been on her introduction. He had plenty of practice with seduction and flirtation. She had learned a little more about flirtation, but she'd also made very sure she hadn't been the target of seduction in Tuneric.

Having no idea what was in his head or swimming in his blood, Tianna sat comfortably next to Marcus, enjoying his company. She was still young enough to enjoy the attentions of a handsome man, even if there was a part of her that was still trying to realize he was someone rather important now. He didn't want to be, but the choice had been taken from him. He would soon have to see about an heir himself, not that she was about to bring it up. She wasn't going to offer to be the one to bear that heir either. Lochlan would never hear of it!

She laughed at his comment. "They don't bother me half as much as they do you, Marcus, but I also learned how to decide when it was the right time to shock them too. I wouldn't want to live there, you're right about that, but I wasn't there looking for a husband or any kind of place. I was there for Nataliah." Tianna frankly and openly adored her older sister, happily taking every chance that came along to visit her. "I'll probably be going back when she gets closer to her time." Excited about seeing her new niece or nephew, she smiled at his compliment. "Thank you. I believe I have you to thank in part for being so."

The smirk interested her, as did the clearing of his throat that told her he had something to say. Tatianna turned towards Marcus a little, her eyes on his face as he revealed that Lord Alexander had finally asked Lady Annemarie to become his wife. Without thinking, she lightly swatted at his arm in defense of Alexander. "Oh, leave him alone. At least he has finally done it, and I am sure they will both be very happy. She's so terribly in love with him, you know." A soft, wistful sigh came out of her as she looked away. Tianna was a little envious of that kind of love, so deep and true. Being a princess made it very unlikely that she would ever have it.

@Marcus Romanov