User Tag List

Thread: Playing Dress Up

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing Dress Up

I knew about the Tudor one for years, but only recently found the Game of Thrones one which I suppose is better for Dawn, so have at it!

http://www.dolldivine.com/game-of-thrones.php

Last edited by Alyson Hunter; 05-10-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG I love it. I don't even watch this show, but I cannot deny that I will look at screencaps and stuff because the costuming is craaaaaaaazy. I really need to be posting instead of doing this, but I couldn't resist just one. >.>

Jacquelyn.jpg
    Queen Jacquelyn

I find it strange, though, that with this game I can't pin my mental images of the clothes my people are wearing down to one genre/era/what-have-you. And some characters I have a very solid image of what they like to wear, and others I kind of have no idea. Sophia, for example, is more what I guess you would consider medieval - less corsetry, wide collars, fewer embellishments. A riff on something like this, usually. But Evangeline, or even Vivienne? I'm not...really sure. Very odd. And my dudes are very boring: boots, pants (never tights and poofy breeches, oh no), shirt with varying amount of ruffle at cuff and collar, doublet or armor. Maybe Lex might wear a leather jerkin when he's hunting or something. Both end up looking in my head like half the dudes that work the renaissance fair circuits. Although that being the base of costuming I'm most familiar with, that probably describes why my peoples' closets are kind of an anachronistic disaster. >.>

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol just fiddle with it like crazy especially if you're bored. The main thing is knowing their House colours and after playing around just ask yourself 'Will they wear this?'

Ellen is a courtesan so she would be slutty in medieval terms, Issy would be dressed by Carson and Alyson likes to be practical just in case she needs to bash someone up.

And oh P.S. your link doesn't work D: At least we don't have access to it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butts! Wait, which link, the thumbnail for the picture of the doll or the link to Sophia's dress? Neither should be inaccessible...oh well, we'll do this.

Queen Jacquelyn

Sophia dress

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doll picture, I didn't even know there was another link! But both look awesome. I've seen that dress before too. I go searching a lot for Alyson.

Jacquelyn looks gorgeous! Very Queeny