User Tag List

Thread: An Arrival by River - 11/6, late morning, Fort Chesbrook port - Lily and Eva [open-ish]

House Baptiste Evangeline Baptiste's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Arrival by River - 11/6, late morning, Fort Chesbrook port - Lily and Eva [open-ish]

Now that Liliana was better enough to travel, Evangeline was keen to bring her to Fort Chesbrook. She wanted to show her friend the place she would soon officially be calling home, and maybe get a little help with last minute wedding decisions. That Captain Remington would be sailing the ship that would take Liliana home from the port at Chesbrook only made it a more convenient place for Lily to spend the rest of her time in Balfour. Rather than spend a long, dusty two days traveling in a coach, however, Eva'd had a different mode of transport in mind, and that was how the girls found themselves sailing comfortably up the river that ran through the Western Isle. It was a shorter trip, and a much better overnight than in tents on the side of the road; the forest that the river cut through was lush and calm, the water even and deep. Evangeline found it utterly peaceful, and she hoped that Lily found it a pleasant way to travel, as well.

There was a smile on Eva's face as she leaned her hip on the rail, nearly sitting atop it with seemingly no fear of falling into the river. She loved her family home, and always would, but Fort Chesbrook Springs had been like a haven for her. It was a place she could not wait to call home, and every time she visited the city she found herself drinking in the sight of it. By river it was almost more impressive than by road, where the first sight would be of the port and the ships lined up at the docks, men working at the dockyards and the bustle of activity everywhere. This may not have been the city's best face, but it was perhaps the truest one.

As the morning of their second day began to lose its blush to midday, the boat began to pull into the fork in the river. "Lily!" Eva, from her place at the rail, called to her friend. "We're coming up toward the port, if you want to see it as we arrive you should come now!"

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It had been a long couple weeks of recovery however once the opportunity came for Lily to get out of her closed off rooms and go on a trip, she immediately took it. Eva and the Lady Amelia had helped her during this rough and difficult time and she would always be grateful for the two ladies. Running a hand through her hair as she slowly made her way from her room on the ship towards where her friend was. She slowly took a hold of the banister as she slowly climbed up the stairs. She had to admit that she still had a bit left to go in her recovery, but she was getting stronger every day. With the support of the Baptiste ladies and the servants that had been there from the very beginning, Lily walked more and took it easy every day. She slowly climbed to the top step and took a big step onto the ship.

The wind blew through her hair and she wrapped her shawl around her shoulders as she was soon recognized by her friend. Eva called for her to join her close to the rail. Lily smiled and walked over to Eva as she made her way over to the rail. She turned around and watched the fork in the river appear as the boat made its way towards their destination.

"It's certainly beautiful this time of day Eva. I thank you for letting me accompany you to your new home." Lily said with a bright smile.

@Evangeline Baptiste

House Baptiste Evangeline Baptiste's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You're very welcome!" Evangeline shifted so she was standing firmly on deck and looped her arm through her friend's. "I'm pleased you could finally see some of the country. Perhaps in better times you and your knight can come visit, and we can give you a more proper tour." She smiled and squeezed her friend close to her, adding only in her own mind, "That is, if your sister ever trusts me with you again." Eva couldn't imagine how terrible it must be for Nolana, so far from her sister in her time of need, with only weeks-old information to go on. She wouldn't blame her if she didn't let her little sister out of her sight for a good long time.

The boat rounded the bend and the first large ships came in sight, hinting at the grand harbor they were headed toward. It would take genuine effort for Evangeline to not head straight from the docks to find Tarran, but she had hopes that they'd find him sooner rather than later; it wasn't as if he didn't know they were on their way, and even if he didn't, she knew full well that he kept up on every ship that came in and out. "It won't be long now," she said, looking out over the rail behind them for a moment. The sailors on board began moving with more purpose now, slowing the ship and pulling it toward one side, so that it could slip into place and out of the way of all the other ships.

"Are you feeling alright still? I can take you right to your rooms first, if you'd like to rest. You need to keep your energy up and keep from getting overtired."

------
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lily wrapped her shawl more around her shoulders as she stepped closer to her good friend. The Baptiste family had saved her life and now she was receiving a chance to be on a boat so quickly after her illness to see a new piece of the world that she probably wouldn't ever see again. At least not for a really long time. She doubted that Lana or Lexington would let her travel alone anymore, not that she blamed them. She felt her friend's arm loop through hers and she gave Eva a bright, kind smile before letting out a chuckle, "She will....eventually..." Lily trailed off with a laugh, "Lex won't either I'm afraid, but I know he'd love coming here. If only I could get him away from his duties to Her Royal Highness." She commented with a smile knowing that Lex easily taking a holiday from his duties wasn't as easy as people thought.

She smiled, "Tell me about your Lord Hutchinson. I confess I don't know much about him and if you need assistance with wedding planning, I shall help in any way I can....I already have some of my wedding planned out as well. I think my mother has both my sister's and I's weddings organized as well. Poor Lexington and the man Lana marries...they might have no choice." She replied with another laugh. Knowing her mother, that would be no surprise whatsoever if that was the case.

"Oh no Eva I promise you that I'm alright and that I will let you know if I need to sit down. I'm feeling fine, not one hundred percent better, but you know I would inform you of any changes in my health. I will be just fine." Lily reassured her friend the best that she could. Although Eva could easily see right through her if she was lying.

@Evangeline Baptiste