Thread: Reunions and Revisions - 11/6; Late Evening; Lily, Eva, Will

House Baptiste Evangeline Baptiste's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reunions and Revisions - 11/6; Late Evening; Lily, Eva, Will

"Excuse me, my lord, my lady?"

Evangeline looked up from her book, and felt Tarran shift as he set the papers he was looking through down on his leg. It was probably too much to hope that this would be some small matter that would allow the two to stay as they were, his arm around her as she sat curled against his side. "Captain Remington has arrived, and he assured me he was expected-" Eva noticed no shift from Tarran to suggest this wasn't accurate, "-but he has asked to be taken directly to Lady Gyrtner. Things being as they are, I thought it best I come check with you first."

With a small sigh, Eva put her hand on Tarran's knee and stood. "I've got it," she said quietly as she leaned down to kiss him, pulling her shawl from the arm of the sofa before following the young servant from the room. "Where did you leave him," she asked as they went, and judging the answer appropriate, she sent the young man back to him. "Tell him we'll be along shortly, and be sure to offer him a meal if he hasn't had one yet." A nod from the boy and he peeled off around a corner, while Evangeline sought out her friend.

The evening meal having been over for a little while, they had all more or less turned in for the night. After travelling for the better part of two days, Evangeline was quite tired, and she was sure her friend was even more-so. Still, she knew Lily would want to see William, and so she went to her room to see if she was awake. Knocking at the door, Eva opened it a crack so her voice could be heard clearly through the thick wood. "Lily? It's Eva. There's a little bit of a surprise for you, if you're not too tired."

------

@Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realization hit the young red-head that she had probably eaten too much at the evening meal, Lily let out a deep sigh as she flopped down on the bed that belonged to her for the time-being. She had been well enough to meet Eva's betrothed and she could easily see why Eva was smitten. Lord Tarran Hutchinson was handsome, tall, kind, intelligent and very welcoming to her since the moment she had laid eyes on him. She knew exactly how Eva was feeling and why she was so happy with him. Lily was happy and in love herself. Her heart ached for Lexington almost every minute of every single day she had been gone. He must of known by now of her illness and she had written to him and Lana that she was recovering wonderfully and travelling soon, but she knew it would be awhile before they received their letters.

Now she was exhausted, both physically and mentally. She still was not completely recovered and still had to take it easy, but was strong enough to move on her own and to admit when she needed a break. Lana and Lex were her reasons to recover from all this, she fought and survived on her own, but she had them for motivation. As she went to ask for assistance to change into her night clothes, a knock was heard at the door. She recognized Eva's voice on the other side and she immediately rushed to open the door for her friend.

"Of course I'm up for a surprise, I wish to stay up a bit later, but I fear I ate too much." Lily teased her friend with a chuckle as she placed her shoes back on and followed her friend, "Is everything alright Eva? I'd hate to disturb your evening with Lord Hutchinson." She asked curiosity getting the better of her wanting to know what exactly was going on.

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington

House Remington William Remington's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Good," Evangeline said with a smile, stepping out into the hall to give Lily room to join her. "I'm sorry about the hour, but I think this will be worth it." She moderated her pace so she wasn't rushing as she led the way. "It's nothing bad, I promise, but I won't tell you any more or it'll ruin the surprise!"

As the girls made their way do the receiving parlor, William waited patiently. He wasn't sure who would next be coming through the door, but when it opened to reveal the same servant, he was only slightly disappointed. "Lady Baptiste will be with you momentarily; she's gone to see if Lady Gyrtner is well enough to receive visitors." There was no shift in William's expression, and the servant, slightly unnerved by the silence, stammered on. "H-has my lord already eaten? I can fetch you something from the kitchens if it would please you."

Although he wasn't keen on delaying his business it looked as if he'd have to wait anyway, and it was true that he hadn't had a proper meal today. "Dinner would be lovely," he said coolly. "Whatever is on hand is fine, though. Do not let them go to any trouble." The servant nodded and left, and William began to pace. He had to see Liliana, had to see with his own eyes that she was alive. What would he do if she wasn't well enough to see him?

His worry was answered by footsteps in the hall, and Lady Baptiste's voice telling someone "Someone has come and asked to see you specifically. He should be right in here." He saw Evangeline stop outside the open door and gesture in, and then, from the hallway, came the woman he'd been waiting for. She looked well, and it was almost more than he could have hoped for. "Lady Liliana," he said, stepping forward, "I cannot tell you how good it is to see you, and to see you looking so well."

----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaking her head, Lily nodded and smiled dismissing her apology, "There is no need to apologize my friend. You have done nothing wrong and I do not mind the hour being late. You have me intrigued though, surprises and myself sometimes don't always see eye to eye." She commented with a small chuckle before grabbing her shawl and shoes placing them each on her shoulder and slipping her feet into the shoes. As much as she was looking forward to a nice, relaxing evening, she did not mind the intrusion. Eva would not interrupt her unless it was urgent or exciting news.

As she walked down the hallway following Eva's lead, she suddenly stopped in front of a door. Pushing her red hair behind her ear, she straightened out her green dress and took a deep breath before the door opened, "Wait a minute, he? Who is here Eva?" She asked curiously as she turned her head to see Captain William Remington standing there. Her eyes went wide and a bright smile landed on her face. He was here!

"Captain Remington, it's so wonderful to see you too! I am doing much better than before, thank you. I trust that your journey went safely and smoothly as possible." She said confidently as she walked over to him curtsying slowly in front of him before standing up as tall as she could. She slowly reached over and patted his shoulder, "It is good to see you again Captain."

@William Remington
    @Evangeline Baptiste

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William was not a demonstrative man. He was not an emotional man. And yet he felt in this situation that he should do something, although he was not sure what, to emphasize his relief at seeing her well. It was good to see her looking confident, too; that she was in good spirits as well as good health was doubly comforting. An illness like she had suffered, if it was anywhere near as bad as he'd been led to believe, could easily have broken someone's spirit. That it had not done so to hers was pleasing.

As she rose and patted his shoulder, William offered her a small smile. He reached out and put his hands on her shoulders, as a father might do in lieu of a hug, and looked into her face. "I hope you can forgive me for not being there for you in your time of illness. I am not sure what help I could have been, but I feel terrible that I was not on hand." He dropped his hands and stepped back a little, realizing that perhaps he was being a little too intense. "Lady Baptiste wrote to me at the beginning, but I'm afraid such were my travels that the letter only caught up to me a short time ago. I came as quickly as I could, and it is somewhat fortuitous timing that I arrived here only a day behind you."

Evangeline stepped out of the doorway where she'd been watching the reunion and gestured to the chairs around the fire. "Come, let's sit. Captain Remington, have you been offered dinner? I can call for tea, if we'd like," she said as she moved to take a seat.

William waited until Evangeline and Lily were seated before taking his own chair. "Someone has been good enough to arrange for something for me, thank you." There was silence for a moment as William tried to figure out what to say; conversation was not something that came naturally to him. "Are you well recovered now, Lady Liliana? You look of good health, but I know looks can be deceptive. I hope you are no longer in any pain?"

----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lily was incredibly grateful for everything everyone had done to help her through this illness. Eva was right, her journey to complete recovery will take some time and she would have to really take it easy for the next couple months, but she was doing better than anyone could predict. Lily had reasons to return home and get better, one was her loving, older sister who needed her and the other one was the man she hoped to call her husband and soulmate for the rest of her life. She wanted to get back to Lex and Lana desperately, more than anything. The man in front of her would be the one responsible to get her home.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and she glanced up at him, my she had forgotten how tall he was, "There is no need for an apology Captain. The illness was something I dismissed until it got worse. I was tired and not feeling well for awhile until I could not move hardly. I do not remember many moments when I was bad, but from what Eva and the Lady Amelia told me, it was a miracle that I survived and fought....I have many reasons to fight however I apologize for going off topic, but no apology is necessary Captain. You came when you got word and that means a lot to me and it will mean a lot to my sister and Sir Caldoran." She replied with a smile as Eva invited them to sit down.

She nodded in agreement and slowly made her way towards a chair. She sat in the middle chair and she smiled slipping off her shoes under her dress finding them to be a bit uncomfortable, "We are very fortunate to have met with you within a day. The gods are with us Captain Remington whether we remember at the time or forget." She reminded him with a smile as she relaxed a bit in the chair as best as she could. As he asked her about her health at the moment, she turned her head and gave him a kind smile.

"I am recovering more every day sir. Each day I find more energy and strength to move around and slowly get back to my normal routine. I am not longer in any pain, however, I do need to remind myself to take it easy on some tasks. I am confident that the virus is gone and I remain hopeful that it will be that way. You are correct, looks can be deceiving, but I am honest when I tell you that I am doing just fine and will continue to do so. I just hope this doesn't delay our return too much. I know that was a bit complicated for you and I apologize for that." She commented turning to him feeling guilty.

@William Remington
    @Evangeline Baptiste

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting back in her chair, Evangeline listened as Lily spoke of her condition, nodding her agreement when she finished. "It's no small blessing that she doesn't remember much from when she was the most ill," she said a little gravely. "But she's right, it will take her some time - probably the better part of a month, I'd say - to regain her strength fully. It's not because of any lingering sickness, but because she was down for so long...it takes awhile for the body to recover from that sort of thing. Everything, from taking food to moving around, must be regained slowly, so as to not further shock an already taxed system." Catching herself before she went off on too much more of a medical tangent, Eva pulled herself around to the point she'd been working toward. "The long and short of it is, she's fit for travel at any time, as long as she isn't allowed to do any real work aboard the ship. Oh, if you get sea-sick, though, that might be a bit worse," Eva added to Lily, "So you might want to watch out for that."

The captain didn't smile, but he didn't scoff at the idea of a woman working aboard his ship, either. "I can assure you she will have nothing but leisure time on the voyage home," he said with confidence. "The ship will be well provisioned in order to deal with any situation that might arise."

Evangeline nodded, pleased that William seemed so accommodating. "Lily, when were you hoping to leave? I know we had talked before about you staying for the wedding, but I'm sure you're probably eager to get home after what you've been through. I can't blame you if you want to put Balfour behind you sooner rather than later."

----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as Lily knew she was out of it and couldn't remember some things, she could easily agree with everything Eva said and was glad that her friend and her healer agreed with her. Pushing some of her hair behind her ear, she glanced around nodding at what her friend was telling her. Remembering all the times she had been on a ship, just this once, she had been nervous that she could get sea-sick, but she hadn't aboard Captain Remington's ship and she remained hopeful that it would continue. Smiling at the Captain's reassurance of her not working, she also knew that she wouldn't be working even if she was one hundred perfect healthy, just like the journey towards Balfour.

It was so comforting to know that the Captain was welcome towards any plans or requests that would be given. Captain Remington had a responsibility to get her safely to and from Balfour not simply because it was his job, but also it was a duty towards her sister. Lily smiled at the thought of Lana being so happy with the tall, lanky, handsome, serious Captain.

As the question was directed towards her, Lily glanced over at both the Captain and her friend and knew she had to be honest with both of them. Eva was right, she couldn't wait to get back home to her sister and the man she loved, but she also wanted to stay for her friend's wedding. She was completely torn and she knew she needed to be honest with both of them, "I want to stay for your wedding Eva, I would love for nothing more, however you are correct, I do wish to return home to my sister and my beloved knight. So my question to you Captain is that, if we decide to leave soon, then what date would everything be set to go?" She asked curiously.

Lily knew this wasn't an easy decision so she had to really think about it, she touched her necklace from Lexington slowly rubbing it wondering what to do.

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William had, if he was honest, expected there to be a bit more conversation between the women about whether the wedding would be attended or not. It was only a fortnight to the event, and from a purely technical point of view the captain hoped that there wouldn't have to be any changes in plans with Liliana deciding she'd rather go home. Although, from everything he'd heard and seen, Lady Baptiste would not have offered as she did if it would cause problems.

"The ship wants only fresh provisions, its passengers, and a good tide," William replied to her question, while pulling a sheaf of papers from one of his coat pockets. Consulting the tide chart he'd been given, he turned to Evangeline. "The next appropriate tide is on the Ninth; do you know whether it's possible to stock a vessel our size for the voyage in such a time?"

Evangeline thought for a moment. "Tarran would know more surely than I would, but I believe it should be possible."

"Then, Lady Liliana, we could be at sea in three days' time, if that is what you wish. Otherwise it would be a wait of a week or more."

------
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Lily glanced back and forth between the tall, smart Captain and her confident, caring friend, she couldn't help, but think of her family and friends back home especially the man she missed just as much as she missed her sister. She touched the necklace that Lexington had given her the night before her departure as it hung around her neck perfectly. Eva had known how important that was to her and was excited to return it to her as much as Lily was excited to have it back close to her.

Her eyes went a bit wide at how soon they could depart for Tuneric. Her head and her heart wanted two completely different things and she knew deep down in her heart which decision would be made. She would be incredibly sad to miss her friend's wedding, but she wanted to go home and see Nolana, Lexington, her mother and everyone again. However she did vow to attend the wedding of her friend and caregiver so she was honestly torn. She didn't want to hurt Eva's feelings, but she wanted to go home.

"Three days? That would be wonderful, but I do not wish to add any more pressure on you Captain Remington. As much as I cannot wait to get home, I understand that preparation time is needed to get the ship, people and supplies ready to go along with yourself and the crew. And there is no way to send a letter that quickly to inform my sister that I am to arrive soon. Or is there?" She asked the Captain curiously feeling a bit confused on how everything worked since they were not on their normal schedule anymore.

Turning towards Eva, she slowly reached out for her friend's hand, "I hope you're not angry that I will miss you and Lord Tarran's wedding. I do have a gift for the both of you prepared and ready to give to you both. I had it made for you both and had planned on giving it to you there...however I miss my sister...and Sir Lexington. I long to see them again and if I have your seal of approval, then I'd like to go home as soon as we can. I just hope you are not too angry with me."

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "There would be no pressure," the captain replied calmly. "The crew is in the city and I left orders that they should work on stocking the ship over the duration of our stay. Three days would be sufficient to obtain what should be left. If you require more time, though, we can wait for the next appropriate tide."

If he'd been intending on saying more, he was denied the opportunity by the arrival of his supper. A young man carrying a tray laden with a good dinner entered and bowed best he could before hurrying over and placing it in front of the captain. With another bow to take his leave, they were left to themselves again, and Captain Remington begged the girls' forgiveness if he ate in front of them and tucked in to his dinner.

"I could never be angry with you, Lily," Evangeline said soothingly. "It would have been a great joy to have you at the wedding, to show you a little of what Balfour is like under better circumstances, but I understand your wish to return to your home and your people." She smiled, determined to show Lily the support she needed rather than her own disappointment. "Of course you have my blessing and my approval. Oh, and as far as writing to your sister, the vessels that carry mail back and forth are smaller than the Dreadnaught and not as constrained by tides, so if you write up a letter tonight it can be on the waves tomorrow. It won't reach Tuneric too long before you do, but it should be enough go give...maybe as much of a week?"

-----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As she heard the captain explain carefully what was happening in the present time, Lily realized that this was it. It was all up to her. They would be departing soon because of her. Despite her sadness for missing her dear friend's wedding, Lily was more than anxious to go back home and see her family, friends and Lex. She missed Lex desperately, right up there next to her mother and her sister. She couldn't imagine what poor Nolana was dealing with back in Tuneric. Her poor sister must be frantic knowing that she must have received a letter regarding her illness by now. Eva had told her that a letter was written right when the plague had hit her hard and weeks had passed. So Nolana and Lexington would know by now. She hoped the most recent letter from her would arrive soon to placate them both.

Turning her head, Lily smiled as the dinner arrived for the Captain who began to eat and she turned back towards her friend. She slowly nodded her head towards the captain making her decision official, "That would be fine Captain, three days it is then." She replied with a smile before turning back to Eva and she couldn't help, but feel very guilty.

"Eva you know you have done so much for me since I have arrived and words cannot express how much I am grateful for everything you and your family have done for me. Your generosity and your kindness to take care of me and provide me with a place to stay for these past weeks have meant so much to me and my family. I will come back to explore more of Balfour, I want to show my sister and Lexington the beauty of this country so I hope to return here when the time is right and when Lexington can get the time away from his position as a Knight of Dawn." Lily replied with a smile reaching over to take her friend's hand in hers squeezing it gently,

As she heard the news of a letter arriving to them sooner than she thought, she smiled, "Then I shall write as soon as I go back to my room. My sister and Lexington will be thrilled to hear that I'm arriving home soon." She said excitedly before leaning back to relax on the chair again. As much as she would miss Balfour and Eva, she missed her family and Lexington just as much.

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evangeline, after years of developing the skill, pushed away everything she was feeling except for warm understanding kindness. "It has been my honor to work beside you and my family's pleasure to host you during your stay. I know Mother would want me to make sure to tell you that you are always welcome in the Baptiste home, and you will always be welcome here, too." She cast her friend a big smile. "When you return we'll have to show you around the country more. It isn't at its best just now, for obvious reasons, but it's usually a lovely, thriving place." The decimation of the plague would take some time to heal from, but Evangeline was fairly sure that Liliana wouldn't be rushing to come back here, anyway. She had her life at home, and she'd been away from it for far too long. Eva knew the feeling well from her time in Tuneric.

"If you send the letters down with whoever brings you breakfast, they should make the first mail ship. And then when you arrive home you must promise to write to me, to let me know if you've made it and if all is well. After you've gotten settled, of course. I'm sure everyone will be glad enough to see you that you won't get the time to sit down and write for some time!" She could only imagine how pleased Nolana would be to see her sister, especially after hearing how ill she'd been. Lexington, too, although Eva didn't know him as well; she could hardly imagine Lily being so enamored with someone who didn't return her affections, though.

For a moment she wondered if William had a special someone waiting for him at home, but as she didn't know him well enough she didn't feel comfortable asking. "Captain Remington, I'd like you to know you're also welcome back to our home, if you find yourself in Balfour again. I know if given more time my soon-to-be husband would enjoy having another man of the sea as a guest." William looked up from his meal and smiled, bowing his head.

"Thank you very much, Lady Baptiste. Your hospitality has been exceptional, and I would be honored to find myself welcomed to it again, if such an opportunity arises." It was hard to tell, but it seemed like he was happy to be remembered and included. Evangeline found him to be a distant guest, but not an unpleasant one. And she had spoken true - she was sure if William were here when Tarran were less busy, the two would have quite a base of similar experiences to draw from.

Eva turned back to Lily. "Is there anything you'd like to get or do before you leave?"

----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After hearing that she had another invitation to visit the Baptiste family and her friend again made Lily's heart jump for joy. Despite the fact that she gotten so ill, she had clearly enjoyed spending time with her friend and her lovely family. During their time in Tuneric and the time here before she had gotten speak, Lily had found that her and Eva would become wonderful friends. They had much in common and along with her sister, they worked very well as a team to find a cure for the plague. Without that, Lily wouldn't have been sitting there in between the tall, lanky Captain and her dear friend.

"That is so kind of you Eva, I shall certainly accept you and your mother's invitation and I know my sister and Sir Lexington would be glad to join me. I would love for Lexington to take some time off of his duties more and go travel like he wishes. However that can be quite difficult for him because of his job. I know he does try and that's all I could ever ask for. Not that I ask him to take time off of his duties a lot." Lily stammered a bit hoping that she didn't make herself sound like a fool.

She smiled again, "I will indeed write you when I get home and settled Eva I promise. I hope that you keep in touch as much as you can after I leave. I know you have much ahead of you with the wedding and newlywed life afterwards so I do understand if it's awhile before you can. I just want you to know how happy I am for you and Lord Hutchinson. He is a wonderful and lucky man to have you as his bride." She complimented with another kind, bright smile as she turned and listened to the conversation between the two people on each side of her. She listened carefully and smiled when Eva addressed her once again.

"There is one request I have, I would like to have a moment with you to give you your wedding presents. I bought them with the help of your loyal servant Jane before I became so ill. They are here and would like for you and Lord Hutchinson to receive them before I live. I feel guilty that I'm leaving before the wedding, but you do understand why. Hopefully one day you two will travel back to Tuneric to see me get married." Lily replied with a bit smile. She hoped that would happen at one point in her life. But that was up to a certain handsome knight back home that she missed dearly.

@Evangeline Baptiste

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eva chuckled at Lily's stammering, nodding her understanding. "It's difficult when you're sweet on someone with a full time responsibility," she said kindly. "With Tarran being in charge of the main port of Balfour, and Captain of the King's Fleet to boot, he's quite a busy man. As I'm sure your friend can relate to." She looked over to Captain Remington, who looked up from his dinner and nodded. "At least sometimes I can accompany him on his work, though. With your man being a member of the royal family's guard, I'm sure it's much harder for him to steal some time just for you." She sounded sympathetic, but matter-of-fact. It wasn't as if Evangeline didn't know a thing or two about putting in a full day's work, too.

"I'll write often, I promise, although I fear the letters will get quite repetitive! I'm looking forward to some calm and quiet, after what feels like an eternity of work." She felt like she'd not had a chance to breathe in ages. The moment she was pulled into the civil war, it seemed her life had been turned upside down. The plot with the royals, the ordeal in Luther's dungeon (which she still hadn't talked to anyone about, except for the barest details to her parents and to Tarran), then her work with the plague in Tuneric and in Balfour...she'd crossed oceans, had her life put at risk on more than one occasion, played a part in saving countless lives and dealt with the guilt of failing to save scores more. Yes, she was greatly looking forward to a quieter life as a married woman.

Lily's one request caught Eva by surprise, and there was no way she could refuse her. "Of course! Tomorrow I can drag Tarran away from whatever business he's got for awhile. He could use a break anyway, I'm sure." She smiled at her friend. "And you just let us know when your wedding date is, and we'll see if we can rustle up a ship to take us there." It wouldn't be that easy, of course - clearing their schedule for nearly a month would be challenge enough, even if their last visit to Tuneric hadn't been a complete and utter disaster. But she would genuinely try to make it to her friend's wedding.

----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing that she didn't need to feel like an idiot around her close friend and the Captain, Lily blushed a bit more understanding completely where Eva was coming from, "I can understand and can relate to what you go through with your fiance. I do that with Lexington as well. I love him, but he works all the time. I love that about him, that he's so loyal and works hard to continue his dream of being a Knight, but I do worry about him and his safety every minute of every day. That's normal right?" Lily asked curiously before clearing her throat and stretching out her legs some more, "Men have a lot of responsibilities with their duties no matter what their profession is and I believe the same goes for women. All of us worked hard to help heal so many people on both countries and we will continue so, but yes you definitely deserve a break Eva." Lily reassured her with a smile as they both turned to the tall Captain as he spoke as well after finishing his supper.

Lily smiled, "There is no rush for replies on letter my friend, you are busy and I know that. You write to me whenever you have the time and after you've had the time to enjoy married life with your husband and Lord." She told her confidently with a smile knowing that Eva would be very busy indeed and deserved some time to relax and be with the Lord Tarran. She wanted the same when her and Lexington were married, but with Lexington's job, she wasn't so sure.

A bright smile came across Lily's face and she clapped gleefully, "Wonderful! You let me know when you and the Lord Tarran are available and I can give you your wedding gifts. I would love for you to join Lexington and myself for our wedding, but that will not be for months now and I will send you an invitation as soon as we set a date. We would love for you both to be there and my sister would love to see you again, however, one wedding needs to happen first and I need that handsome Knight to ask me first." She said with a chuckle.

She then turned towards the Captain, "I apologize if our talk of wedding and details are boring you Captain Remington, I know men are not really into details of weddings, am I correct? I could always ask your sister when we return." She asked teasing the serious Captain a bit.

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evangeline smiled kindly, and nodded. "Of course it's normal to worry. His job's got the potential to be dangerous, and it's always stressful when you care about someone whose job is to keep someone else alive." She paused, and gave a little shrug. "But that's what he's trained for his entire life, and his whole life has been dedicated to keeping himself and his charges safe. If you worry about him too much it gets to a point where it's burdensome to him and toxic to you, and that's not good for anyone." She wasn't accusing Lily of taking it to that extent, but having worked with peoples' health her whole life, she'd seen stress and worry eat people and relationships alive.

"I'll look forward to receiving the announcement," Evangeline said with a grin. "But alongside it I hope to get a letter telling me everything about how he proposes to you. You have to promise to tell me everything! Where he takes you, what he says, everything!"

When William was brought back into the conversation, he simply raised an eyebrow at Lily's assumptions. "The conversation does not bore me, but if I look to be bored it is simply because it does not involve me. I will not be present for Lady Baptiste's wedding, and the planning of yours is not something I have any place to have an opinion on. If it comes to pass that I get married someday and my bride wishes for my input, then I will give it as best I can." He paused, setting his dishes onto the tray in an orderly fashion now that he was finished with his dinner. "If you do feel the need to ask my sister on our return to Tuneric, however, I'm sure she'll agree with you. The idea that no man has a care for that sort of thing seems to be one that many people like to maintain."

-----
    @Liliana Gyrtner

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lily always was the one who worried out of pretty much anyone in her family. At times, she could even be as bad as her mother which always snapped her out of it and reassured herself that everything was going to be just fine. Stress was something that you could never avoid no matter how hard she tried. She cared so much about the people she loved dearly and everyone around her that at times she could easily forget about her own needs. She wanted everyone around her to be happy and healthy and that was a big reason why she was here in Balfour in the first place. Also to help out the woman who saved so many lives back in her homeland of Tuneric. Her heart yearned for Tuneric...and certain people back in the capital.

Glancing back at her friend, she blushed sheepishly knowing that Eva was correct in what she was saying. Lily knew that her friend wasn't lecturing her or telling her how to live her life, she did it because she cared. All the Baptiste's were wise and Eva's advice was the ugly truth that Lily often forgot about herself. She nodded, "You are correct my friend...all this worrying won't change anything especially when it comes to Lex's career choice. He is an amazing Knight of the Dawn and I'm so proud of him. I always will be...I just worry a lot especially about things that might not even happen." She confessed with a sigh and then grinned again.

"Of course you'll know every single detail of everything. I consider you one of my closest friends no matter what country we are in." She smiled blushing a bit more hoping that Eva didn't find that too forward.

Turning towards the Captain, she smiled kindly, "I'm positive the lucky woman whom you decide to marry will ask for your input. My sister will obviously help me with whatever Lexington and I wish, however, I know Callie would be eager to have another task that would be...less messy." She grinned attempting to make a small joke.

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington