User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lords and Ladies of the Dance (Queen's Coronation Ball) - 11/11, Evening, Shellten Castle Grand Hall - [open]

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ”We will discuss it later,” she replied to their developing plot, not willing to let him dismiss her so quickly. ”But please, consider it. I cannot let you do this alone.” A fear began to brew deep within Audrai’s chest at the possibility of losing Chase, and it was not simply losing his interest for this could not be considered love, not yet. But she feared for his life, for that was permanent and a likely outcome should Gisela or Carson catch wind. If she were Gisela’s trusted pupil, she would be in a better position than any to keep that from happening, at least she hoped so.

Before Audrai could voice more, or apologize for her behavior - which she was greatly considering doing - Chase’s arms moved around her waist with such a speed that it threw her off balance, and she found herself with her back against the cold stone wall, his lips greedily devouring hers with a hunger she’d only felt from him once before. Within seconds she was breathless and her arms had unwrapped from his torso to encircle his neck, pulling him as close as he held her.

When she’d resigned herself completely to his lips, and nearly swooned at the passion behind it (how very unlike her), he pulled away with a smile and a muttered apology. She didn’t mind, not in the least and was about to say as much before he continued. "We should get back before anyone really misses us. Unless you think we won't be missed.”

Looking past him into the ballroom with wide eyes, Audrai took a deep breath and tugged at her skirts to straighten them. When her eyes met his again, there was something more - a hint of worry laying behind her gaze.

”I am sure it is too late for that now… could we take a walk? At least then we shall have an alibi, and when we return and continue the dance, it wouldn’t seem quite so suspicious.”

@Chase Cavanaugh Kendrick

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy supposed that he didn't much consider Hebron in the way that a visitor might. Even though he had been born in White Coast, he had been here in the capital for the bulk of his life. He moved freely about the city in all seasons, though for the most part he had no reason to spend much time beyond the grounds on which he worked and lived. "When you are a royal bodyguard, Lady Morgan, the castles is the only thing to look at," he said with a laugh that revealed the humor in his own situation. "But when you put it your way, I can understand why one might see it differently."

At her revelation that she had already visited the stables, Guy didn't seem surprised. The Morgan family was known for a love of horses, and if there was any place that Eliza might feel at home outside of her own keep, it was likely in the royal stables. "Oh, I can't imagine that you could miss him. He was the big white one acting like a spoiled baby, likely. Probably whining for a carrot or apple, even though he had a bag of oats four minutes before that. Unless you pet him, then he was the one snorting a complaint because you eventually stopped petting him. If you have time later in the week, I shall have to arrange a formal introduction." He smiled at the idea of introducing a woman to his horse, as though she were meeting the family. "Do you ride often, Lady Morgan? There's a favorite filly that Epsilon likes to run with who doesn't get out much. He'd be your best friend if you obliged us," he said with a smirk.

When she asked about his favorite place in the castle, he shot her a sideways glance that implied that he thought perhaps she was cheating her way out of the question. It didn't seem to bother the young knight however, and he stopped to look at her with a bit of crazy in his pale blue eyes. "I do have a favorite spot," he told her with a smile. "But I don't know if you really want to see it," he told her quietly. "Nobody ever goes there, because it's haunted. In fact, it's completely off limits to everyone but King Cailen and Queen Vivienne," he said, a small hint of mischief in his voice. Those orders had not stopped Guy from visiting the old rooms though. He had a key to every door in the castle, save for Vivienne's bed chamber, which he could just as easily enter with a well placed shoulder, if there was a problem.

@Eliza Morgan

House Kendrick Chase Cavanaugh Kendrick's Avatar  

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether or not she could allow him to do it alone was up for debate, though he would acquiesce that now was probably not the best time to have the conversation. Chase had been working independently on these types of investigations for quite some time before he had even met the young Avayne girl. It would have been easy to reassure her and explain that he had an uncontrollable situation under control, but that would not have sated the girl's apparent worry over his well-being. And in truth, he was not so bold as to think that he didn't need allies. He just had no desire to drag Audrai into harm's way with him. Chase had been very careful about developing a slow play in this little endeavor, and involving another person so closely associated with one of his marks threatened to speed a process that he was in no real rush to complete.

Her reaction to his subterfuge was genuine, which was a boon when considering the believability of his actions, but came with the added distractions that such earnest participation undoubtedly led to. It she were to suggest that they weren't likely to be missed, he might have had ideas about quitting the party altogether. But that was likely easier for him than for her.

A walk was not what Chase had in mind, especially on a cold Hebron night when they would have to cross the ballroom again to find their coats. The majority of the castle was off limits, and the guests wings were across the courtyard and past the pond where they had met. But Chase was game for it if Audrai was. After all, she was the one in a dress. He nodded a simple agreement, and motioned to the doorway. "Whatever you like, Lady Avayne," he said, offering her his arm. If nothing else, she would be able to hang close to him for warmth, until the crossed into the outer buildings. "Though I think Lady Darktide will be suspicious of your humble servant no matter what we do," he added with a chuckle. "Her only saving grace is her penchant for keeping what she notices primarily to herself."

@Audrai Avayne

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nolana’s forced smile was not entirely unpleasant as she nodded in agreement with the Lady Sophia’s sentiment. She was about to say as much but the Queen’s entrance took the words from her. One look at her Majesty and Nolana couldn’t help but hope for a brighter, happier future for their realm. Her voice raised in the chorus with the Queen’s blessing, and her eyes did not stray from the monarch before her until the Queen’s gaze swept over the crowd and lingered for a long enough moment to draw attention. From her curtsey’d position, even craning her neck did not offer a good view of what grabbed Vivienne’s attention so and the moment was over so quickly that Nolana wondered if she hadn’t imagined the pause.

The Gyrtner rose from her curtsey slowly, in sync with the rest of the crowd as the Queen’s form floated gracefully across the room. While all the eyes in the room were focused on Vivienne, Nolana suddenly found her gaze locked with another across from her, behind the sea of Lords and Ladies. The suddenness of the contact caused her to freeze, as though she were a doe.

He was an older gentleman, dressed finely for the occasion, with dusty blonde hair cut short and styled handsomely. Nolana could not place his face, or the look upon it as he stared at her with utter curiosity. Did he know her, or she, him? His facade radiated sadness, his lips turned down with the heaviness of the years, and his eyes were narrowed slightly as though he were calculating… but what?

As the crowd moved inward towards the tables in preparation for the feast, Nolana lost sight of him, caught him again a moment later, and then he was gone. She had half a mind to cross the room and search him out but she refrained. He looked as though he did not want to be found.

Realizing then that she had been holding her breath, Nolana let it out slowly and filled her lungs with new air before turning back to her new acquaintance. ”Tell her what you just told me, she will appreciate the support,” Nolana offered softly with a smile and a little bow of her head.

”Lady Macheath, Jesse, I wish you both a great evening. It was wonderful seeing you again,” she said to Jesse, ”And a pleasure meeting you, Lady Sophia. Hopefully we shall meet again soon. If you would excuse me..” She curtseyed, offered them both a smile of farewell, and disappeared into the sea of party-goers. Downing her wine, Nolana deposited her empty glass onto a serving tray before surveying the room. She was looking for him, but her mystery man was no where to be found. It was likely for the best, anyway - Nolana couldn’t imagine that she would provide good company.

Weighing her options, Nolana decided she was in no mood to return to the table and face Zander’s new beau. They sure looked happy, though. It was then that she realized how little she wanted to be there. At least she had shown her face, had a few drinks, met a few new people and hadn’t fallen apart in the process. It would be perfectly alright to end the evening on a high note and not linger any longer. So without a goodbye, Nolana slipped out the side hallway and began the trek back to the Conservatory where a nice warm fire, a cozy blanket, and a goblet of mulled wine awaited.

Exit Nolana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It occurred to Gisela that she might remind the Avayne lord that tonight was more about politics than possibly any other night he would see for a while. If he had wanted a night off, the priestess was of the opinion that he might have stayed home. But the idea of going around in circles with him wasn't one that necessarily appealed to her better social graces. Perhaps he was attacking this little Audrai and Chase silliness from the wrong direction. She might do better with the Hunter girl, or even better, Carson himself. Cade remained optimal, but there were always multiple paths to a crossroads.

When the rest of the party rose from their prostration, Gisela smiled at the man and nodded as he excused himself. If his departure was a matter of escaping her conversation, then she was happy to let him go. "I do believe that your husband's tolerance for my interference has run its course, Lady Lillith," Gisela said with a small giggle. "I do hope he isn't planning to be sour for the entire evening. I shall develop a complex over my poor behavior." Still, as casually as the priestess took the idea of upsetting anyone, she didn't see any point in provoking Cade Avayne. His family had been devoted followers of Mink-Asa for generations, and those of faith were to be rewarded, not chided.

It was at that point that Allison had finally made her way around to them, and she stopped when she came to Gisela and kissed her quickly on both cheeks in greeting. "The young Kendrick boy is cute," she said with a smile as she sipped at her wine. "I don't know why you wanted me to run interference on him, but I could have easily managed it for a while longer," she added.

The priestess could do little but roll her eyes at the comment, and turned again to Lillith. "Lady Avayne, have you met Lady Hallward? I know you haven't been neighbors long, so I was unsure." Allison didn't seem to remember either, and held out a well manicured hand of friendship to the older woman. Gisela shook her head at the chipper woman from Stone Forge. "I believe that the young man has eyes on Lady Lillith's niece," Gisela replied. "We simply wanted to measure the girl's reaction, should someone else take an interest in the boy." Audrai had been cool enough, in Gisela's estimation, keeping her interest to merely watching wordlessly and without a betrayal of emotion that she was sure any crushing child might harbor. Be it jealousy or anger.

@Lillith Avayne
    @Cade Avayne

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it happened, Eliza did remember seeing a horse that matched the description Guy gave. "You know, I do remember passing by a white who kept pushing his nose in the pockets of the groom who was trying to brush him." The poor lad had been trying so hard to get the horse to stand still, and eventually had needed another groom to come distract that lovely beast with an apple so he could finish the task. As she'd left she thought she'd heard some swearing as, it seemed, the horse had somehow managed to steal the apple before he'd earned it, and it'd left her chuckling. If a horse wanted something bad enough, it would find a way to get it. "Every day, if I can. I haven't had much of a chance while I've been here, so I'd happily help Epsilon have a run with his favorite girl."

When Guy stopped, Eliza looked up at him attentively, but she hadn't been expecting the look in his eyes. She couldn't help but be led on by the conspiratorial nature of his words and the mischievous tone, and she leaned in, captivated and grinning, and put her other hand on his arm. "Haunted? Truly?" Whether she actually believed in ghosts was neither here nor there, but she was always game for what sounded like an adventure. "I wouldn't want to go anywhere I'm not supposed to, of course, or anger any spirits that might be about, but..." Her voice trailed off, but it left little doubt as to how the sentence would have finished. Her curiosity was piqued. She absolutely wanted to go see this favorite, haunted spot.

----
    @Guy Durand

House Riethert Ardella Riethert's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ”You’re sweet for saying so,” Della replied, not completely reassured hat she wasn’t to blame for Lady Gyrtner’s retreat. His smile at least helped, and his delivery of wine was definitely welcome. She was about to suggest a toast but the herald announced their new Queen and the room fell into a hush as they collectively took a knee and curtseyed for their monarch.

Glancing sideways at Zander, Della offered him a smile and reached out to grab his hand gently, her other hand cradling the wine flute.

As the moment passed and the Queen took her place of honor, Della came to her feet once more and held her glass out to Zander as he rose. ”To our new Queen, of course,” she teased with a grin and a twinkle in her eye as she took a sip from the crystal vessel. It would be wrong of her to suggest they toast to themselves at a time like this- though she would trade a Queen for the feelings she had for Zander any day. It was as though she finally belonged again, a feeling that had escaped her for years.

Her eyes traced the room again, falling briefly on Thurstan before she turned to her new beau again. ”Do you dance?”

@Zander Kelley

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sophia noticed the distracted way Nolana looked over the crowd, but thought nothing of it for the moment. The redhead had been a member of court for long enough that it wasn't a surprise she'd see a familiar face, after all, and Sophia waited patiently for her attention to return to the conversation at hand. When it did, though, it was only momentary, for after offering a small bit of advice she wasted little time before excusing herself and disappearing into the crowd.

Furrowing her brow a little, the blonde turned to her brother. "That was...a little odd," she observed, with no real judgement in her tone. It hadn't seemed like they'd done anything wrong, as she'd been quite friendly even as she'd taken her leave, but it did feel rather abrupt. "I hope everything's alright." For all she knew, maybe Nolana was simply like that. Who was she to judge a woman she barely knew?

"It looks like there aren't many waiting to speak with the Queen. I suppose there's no time like the present...wanna come with?" It was possible her brother would want to speak with Vivienne at another time, but there was no harm in asking. Perhaps she'd even run into Xavier on the way and be able to drag him with her, so they could greet her together as Lady and Lord of Westbury. Being on guard duty he might've already spoken to her, but she rather liked the idea of being presented as a couple, this being the first big event since their marriage.

----
    @Jesse Somers

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It is the truth," he told Della after they rose to their feet. It had been because of him that Nolana made such a hasty exit. She had not replied to his correspondence, had walked away the moment he arrived, and from the looks of it she had not wanted to stick around for the rest of the evening. Zander had glanced over to the bar where she had been only to find that she was no longer there. The knight didn't see her anywhere else in the hall either. Perhaps their friendship was too far gone to repair. Did it really surprise him though? Not really. How could he fault her? They hadn't spoken for months and their last encounter wasn't the most pleasant. With her sister falling ill over seas it probably didn't seem like a genuine outreach to her. She probably assumed that Thurstan had suggested it, just like she had assumed that he had suggested that he bid her farewell from the Sheridan gathering. The knight was not going to let her departure put a damper on his evening.

"To the Queen," Zander said, raising his glass to give her crystal a light tap, resulting in a soft chime. He took a sip of his drink, the taste in his mouth was bitter as he was not accustomed to the liquid that was going down. It made the hair on the back of his neck stand a bit and he was certain his face contorted even though he tried his best to keep it straight. He simply smiled and hoped that Ardella had not noticed, shaking his head at her question. "Not well I'm afraid. I must confess it was never a priority for me so I have not practiced much. However, I would be more than happy to dance with you if you'd like. I'll do my best not to embarass us."

@Ardella Riethert

House Riethert Ardella Riethert's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After their crystal glasses rang from the tender toast, Della couldn’t help but laugh at Zander’s response to the bitter, yet sweet, mead that rolled over his tongue. It was obvious that her knight had not often savored such a brew and she almost found it difficult to believe. ”The Crown’s is always strong,” She offered in an attempt to soften the possible embarrassment he might feel at such a reaction. How Zander could be so incredibly kind, patient, and chivalrous had been the topic of many of her thoughts of late, but now she would have to add non indulgent to the list as well. She couldn’t help but wonder if maybe she was destined to be the terrible influence that would damage his flawless persona, the temptress who would draw the confidence from the slumbering beast?

The thought made her smile and she took another sip of her honeyed wine as he accepted her offer to dance, though not without mentioning that he would likely embarrass them both in the process. ”I highly doubt that is something we must worry about,” She said, ready to take his hand and lead him to the floor to join the other couples. But before she could, the ballroom crowd seemed to shuffle to their tables in preparation for supper to be served. ”After we dine,” Della corrected with a wink as she spied Lord Metcalfe returning to their side where he stood waiting for the women of the table to take their seat first.

@Zander Kelley

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I suppose that is one explanation," he commented, only somewhat embarassed at how easily she could tell that he wasn't used to the drink. There was no point in trying to hide the fact or make any sort of excuse. His face had told Della all she needed to know even though he he tried to mask the expression. At least she didn't laugh in his face after his reaction to the taste of his beverage. She even gave him the benefit of the doubt on his ability to dance. She was so good to him and much more than he deserved.

Zander couldn't help but smile before trying one more sip of his mead, the liquid still making him cringe slightly, but not nearly as much as the previous taste. It would be a while before he would truly be used to it, but at least he might be able to tolerate the drink by the end of the evening. "After dinner would be wonderful," the knight said, taking Ardella's hand to lead her to the table that they would be eating at, pulling out a chair for her to sit. "Just remember that I gave you fair warning as to how unpracticed I am."

@Ardella Riethert

House Avayne Taia Hunter Avayne's Avatar  

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ”That is a brilliant idea,” Taia replied, not evening designing to comment on the show that occurred during the Queen’s entrance. She already knew the threat that Gisela posed, more than most did. It would do no good now to point that out, again.

Turning to her husband, a smirk developed as she considered his proposal and nodded her head. ”Yes, brilliant indeed. What did you have in mind? A trip, perhaps? Or a prize of some sort? I have been inquiring after a falcon for some time now.” She’d recently found herself missing the bird of prey her father had given her years before, and in lieu of not being able to work while their child was developing, Taia had been trying desperately to find some sort of hobby to keep her busy.

But looking at her husband now, Taia knew that wasn’t exactly what he was thinking. ”Well, out with it,” She teased as she reached for his arm and settled back into their seats.

@Kiirion Avayne

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was not surprised that Taia agreed that his idea had been brilliant. The pair had always been in competition with one another. It was one of the things that he thought made them work well together. The desire to outperform each other was what kept them pushing the limits of their skills. Although, such had not been the case since it was discovered that she had been with child. They had to be much more careful in their activities and it often frustrated him. Kiirion knew that she had to feel the same as he did. Not being able to take on any work, not being able to go all out while sparring with each other, or even having a rough evening in the bedroom was starting to take its toll.

The Avayne knew how adversely it was affecting his wife. She was so used to going where she wanted and doing as she pleased that he could tell how restless all of the new restrictions made her. The truth was that he felt the same way. Sure he didn't have the same limitations placed on him, but it was like he had lost his partner in crime. Doing things on his own did not have the same benefits that it did when being with her.

Kiirion had hoped that this bet would spark some excitement back into their life, the reaction that his wife had to the idea reinforced that it would. He smiled at how excited she got over the prospect of a prize, specifically the falcon that she mentioned.

"So you want a falcon if you best me in the tournament?" he asked his wife, already knowing the answer to the question, before giving his answer to what he wanted should he win. "I don't need anything as fancy or as expensive as a falcon. I simply wish to have an evening with you like the one we had in Huntstown."

He knew he wouldn't have to explain to her why he wanted that as his prize. It was a time when their relationship was fueled by passion and every night spent together was new and exciting. Kiirion wished to spend a moment like that once more with Taia, even though he knew it wasn't a realistic expectation to be able to duplicate such a moment with the same feelings. "So? What do you say? Do we have a wager?"

@Taia Hunter Avayne

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lillith watched Cade leave with a diplomatic smile on her lips. The wine was a perfect excuse for which Lillith was thankful. "I do believe that your husband's tolerance for my interference has run its course, Lady Lillith. I do hope he isn't planning to be sour for the entire evening. I shall develop a complex over my poor behavior.”

”Do not mind Cade,” Lillith replied, turning back to Lady Darktide with a sip of her quickly disappearing glass of wine. ”He is quite… protective of young Audrai, and rightfully so. He shall come around and in better spirits soon.” He would put on a good face, if not for himself, but for his wife. She’d see to it.

As another face approached, Lillith took the opportunity to scan the room once more for Audrai and the Kendrick boy. The first scan proved they were difficult to find in the crowd. But before she could look further, the conversation occurring beside her caught the Avayne’s attention. "The young Kendrick boy is cute. I don't know why you wanted me to run interference on him, but I could have easily managed it for a while longer.”

Lillith refused to glance at the woman, but took the words with great interest. She too, was curious as to Gisela’s reasoning behind such interference, but before an answer could be given, Lillith heard her name. "Lady Avayne, have you met Lady Hallward? I know you haven't been neighbors long, so I was unsure.”

Smiling, Lady Lillith bowed her head in greeting. ”I have heard a great deal of you, Lady Hallward,” she said, before reaching to accept Allison’s outstretched hand daintily in her own. That was the extent of their introductions before Lady Gisela continued. Making note of her words, Lillith again was reminded of her hunt for Audrai and she turned just in time to see the couple disappear from the ballroom.

Lillith deposited her glass on the table and nodded to the two women. ”If you would excuse me,” she said, gracefully disappearing into the crowd as one disappears into the shadow.

She came upon the archway and stopped short of view when she’d heard the voices on the other side of the hall. It was difficult to make out what was being said, but she caught snippets. Apologies, pauses. There was quiet for a moment as the Durand commander passed by with a woman who Lillith could not name. But once the two had cleared the hallway and the music had quieted after the last dance, in preparation for the feast, Lillith heard quite clearly, ””I am sure it is too late for that now… could we take a walk? At least then we shall have an alibi, and when we return and continue the dance, it wouldn’t seem quite so suspicious.”

Lifting her chin, Lillith took that as her queue and stepped forward through the archway, her eyes falling on the two. ”There you are,” she said, her breath slightly short as though she hadn’t paused in her walk. ”The feast is about to begin, your uncle would like for you to join us at the table. Master Kendrick, you as well, and he and I will not take no for an answer.”

Lillith’s sudden appearance surprised Audrai enough that she stepped into Chase’s outstretched arm. Looking between her aunt and her new beau, Audrai couldn’t help but purse her lips for a moment. Should she give him an out, surely he wouldn’t want to sit in on their dysfunction any more than he had to already.

@Gisela Darktide @Chase Cavanaugh Kendrick

House Remington Callista Remington's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Callie had a feeling that if the evening panned out the way she wanted, she could easily see herself spending a bit more time with the young man in front of her. As much as she enjoyed helping out Nolana until the Lady Liliana returned, Callie knew that she wouldn't be doing that for the rest of her life. She had her freedom, something she had yearned for so long. She could do anything she wanted especially travelling. She loved to travel and she knew she'd probably live in the capital one day because she liked the hustle and bustle of it once it was all said and done. As the new Queen arrived and settled, the music began playing again and the ballroom filled with noise once again.

Turning back towards her new companion, she couldn't help, but raise an eyebrow at his new offer. Of course, she would accept it, but there was nothing wrong with having a little fun with him until then. Taking a step towards him, Callista flipped her hair back and smirked, "Establishing of your choosing? How can I be so sure that you wouldn't be bringing me to the lion's den my Lord?" She asked curiously raising both of her eyebrows this time. Callie was no fool, she would be cautious of wherever this man would take her. Better take the daggers, she told herself knowing that he was correct on one thing.

She would not refuse the offer.

@Theo Blackbane
    Last edited by Callista Remington; 04-17-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theo underestimated her fire. It was quite obvious how much so and that he’d have his work cut out for him indeed. She was a feisty one and it intrigued him all the more, for he wanted very much to know as much about the brown haired vixen before him. It was her next question that nearly caught him, for it was meant to sting, but instead it tickled him.

A hearty laugh came from the young man and he couldn’t help but grin at such a silly remark. It wasn’t a completely silly question - she had a right to be weary of him. A young girl in the middle of Tuneric’s capital, seemingly without an escort… But there were far worse lions stalking than he.

”Well lass,” He said as he leaned in and offered her his hand as an invitation to dance. As part of the performance he lowered his voice and passed his gaze over the party goers around him, settling on the new Queen for a brief moment. With the same smooth motion, his eyes met Callista’s again and he smiled. ”I do not know if you’ve had a chance to glance around.. but you are already inside the lion’s den. I can save you, if you wish… but you will have to trust me.”

@Callista Remington

House Remington Callista Remington's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Callie hadn't always been this fiesty and outspoken. Not at all. With her freedom still fresh in her head, thanks to their former ruler and kind man, Callie also had her happiness. She had never been this happy and while there were boundaries she couldn't cross, she essentially could say or do anything that she wished for. Of course when Will returned, she would have to be prepared and execute what exactly she needed to do on a daily basis. As for now, she could easily turn this evening into something more than just a ball.

She smirked a bit finishing her drink as she watched his response and sudden reply to her statement. Another eyebrow raised and she smirked glancing around at being surrounded in a lion's den. He did have a point, she was in it. And yet she had survived many occasions like this before especially without certain family members. No, she told herself, the past was in the past and now she could make anything of this evening if she wished. She had to be prepared in case anything were to happen. However nothing held her from being here any longer. His hand was in front of hers and she slowly placed her hand in his.

Smirking a bit, Callie chuckled, "You do have a fair point my Lord however I did not realize that I needed to be saved. However if you are the gentleman that you claim to be then by all means save me from the lions." She replied with a grin.

@Theo Blackbane

House Avayne Taia Hunter Avayne's Avatar  

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ”I believe that would be satisfactory, when I beat you, yes.” Taia replied with a wide smile as she met her husband’s eye. The sparkle in it was difficult to miss and it caused a little flutter in the pit of her stomach. He only looked at her when he wanted a certain something…

"I don't need anything as fancy or as expensive as a falcon. I simply wish to have an evening with you like the one we had in Huntstown.”

Taia couldn’t help but laugh at his response. Though she knew without a doubt exactly what he wanted, she opted to tease him anyway. ”You mean an awkward family dinner, during which my cousin makes unmistakable passes on you?” But that wasn’t what he wanted, and she was quite pleased they would never have to sit through that again either.

”Very well, the wager is set, then,” She said after a moment and held her hand out to him to seal the deal. Little did he know, she would comply with his offer whether he managed to best her or not. It had been far too long since their passion reached such heights and it was about time that it did again. For even after their unfortunate incident, Taia still held a love for her husband that could not be matched. At the thought, she leaned forward and kissed him quickly, for public displays were quite frowned upon.

@Kiirion Avayne

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laughter followed his wife's reply. More so at the mention of her cousin during that dinner than her overconfidence. Truth be told, if the Avayne had not had to leave Huntstown for his assignment and if Taia had not fallen through the window into his room, he had planned to seek out pleasure from Regina. It was something that he never admitted to his wife and would never speak about it to her. It would be more awkward than the dinner that was mentioned. He was glad that things turned out the way they did. Who knew what would have happened if he had taken a different course? He could only assume that it would have led to a potential bastard and a feud between the Hunters and Avaynes.

"You mean if you beat me," he corrected her, eyeing her outstretched hand. With a smile, Kiirion took it in his own, giving it a firm squeeze. "I'm glad that you knew exactly what I meant. We have a wager."

Taia's kiss made his smile widen, as the quick gesture seemed to somehow make their bet more official than the handshake moments ago. "So a question for you," he started, peering into his wife's eyes. "Which do you think would be more awkward? Contacting your family so that we could visit Huntstown and have another dinner with them or simply being present for a dinner with my family and Audrai's new beau?" The question wasn't serious and was posed more in jest than anything else. He was simply curious and filling time until the food was brought out to them.

@Taia Hunter Avayne
    Last edited by Kiirion Avayne; 05-17-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567