User Tag List

Thread: Rolling Home 'Cross the Sea [11/9, Aboard the Dreadnaught, Will, Lily, Eva, open]

House Remington William Remington's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolling Home 'Cross the Sea [11/9, Aboard the Dreadnaught, Will, Lily, Eva, open]

The huge ship was docked at the far end of the harbor, people thronging around it like bees around a hive. It had been like this to some extent for the past few days, as the Dreadnaught was prepared for its voyage home. Crates and barrels of supplies, the belongings of the crew that was to man her, as well as a few traders and their goods, all were piled in and packed securely, and all under the watchful eye of the grand ship's captain.

Captain William Remington emerged from his cabin and surveyed the bustle, his mind entirely focused on the task at hand. Well, almost entirely, at any rate. It was as if Tuneric was calling to him, which was strange, really, as he'd never been one to be homesick before. Even when his family did have a holding to call their own, he'd never felt any sorrow leaving it, and hadn't really longed for it once he was away. Now, though, his eyes were eager for the familiar coastline. He felt weary of this place, and almost guilty for having seen it at such a low point; perhaps in a few years he'd feel compelled to return and see what Balfour was like when it wasn't gripped in disaster.

He noted trunks coming up the gangplank that could only be Lady Gyrtner's, and he intercepted them before they were taken down below. "Her things are to go to the second stateroom; see they're put there and stowed carefully." The lads gave a nod and carried the trunks below, and Will had been about to turn to something else when he noticed Lady Baptiste coming aboard.

"Everything going well?" She didn't give him any sort of formal greeting, but this seemed to be normal for her, and William didn't much mind. He acted in kind, simply nodding once in answer to her question.

"We're nearly finished. There won't be any worry about catching the tide, as long as everyone keeps to the schedule." William glanced over the rail to the docks, and thought he could see the flare of Lily's red hair in the sunlight. "Lady Gyrtner's just on time, and once she's settled we can begin our final checks." Evangeline nodded, and turned when she saw her friend coming up the gangplank.

"A fine day for a voyage!" she said called out cheerfully, greeting Lily with a smile. Sad as she was to see her go, Eva didn't want to see them off on a sad note. "Excited to be going home?"

-----

@Liliana Gyrtner @Tarran Hutchinson maybe?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was a day that Lily had both been dreading and yet she was excited for. She stood at the bottom of the ship that brought her here and now it would be taking her back home to her sister, her family and of course the man she loved. As much as she couldn't wait to see them, she also would miss Eva, the Lady Amelia and the entire Baptiste family. They were an amazing set of people and she would always be grateful for their hospitality and their care for when she was sick. She would miss Balfour and when things were back to normal and the country wasn't in dire shape, she would return. She would absolutely return one day.

As the wind blew her hair, she wrapped the shawl around herself once more before saying goodbye to Balfour in her head. It was goodbye for now, she told herself. She would return with her sister and Lexington when the time was right. She took a deep breath as she headed over to the gangplank and slowly made her up there seeing that Eva was already up there speaking with Captain Remington. She could see why her sister was smitten with him, he was handsome indeed and no offense to him, but she thought of someone else more handsome.

Eva called out to her as she reached the top and Lily smiled, "It is indeed and yes I am excited to go home to see my family, but I am sad that I'm missing your beautiful wedding and I will miss you. However I hope to return soon, in a couple years if I can drag Lexington away from his duties. You and the Lord Tarran will always have an invitiation to Devonshire or whenever Lexington and I reside." She commented with a smile feeling excited yet sad at the same time. Lily would shed some tears, but didn't want to do that in front of Eva.

@Evangeline Baptiste
    @William Remington

House Baptiste Evangeline Baptiste's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evangeline could keenly remember this moment, from when she'd left Tuneric. Granted, it had been under entirely different circumstances, and she had felt very little sadness at leaving a country that, in truth, she hadn't had much reason to love. But she could recall the weight of the journey ahead, and the glorious pull of the promise of home, and knew something of the same must be in Liliana's heart.

"It is indeed and yes I am excited to go home to see my family, but I am sad that I'm missing your beautiful wedding and I will miss you. However I hope to return soon, in a couple years if I can drag Lexington away from his duties. You and the Lord Tarran will always have an invitiation to Devonshire or whenever Lexington and I reside."

"You'll be at the wedding in spirit," Eva said with an easy smile. It would have been lovely to have her friend there on her big day, but there was no way she could hold their early departure against her. In her shoes, Eva knew she'd be desperate to go home, too. "I'll write and tell you all about the whole thing, so it'll be almost like you were there."

As she spoke, William stepped away to give a few commands to some of the men, but he was soon back. "It will likely be Hebron," he said, and it took Evangeline a moment to catch up to what he meant. "Unless Ser Caldoran intends to give up his cloak upon your marriage." There wasn't any judgement in his voice, as though he didn't have an opinion either way - and in truth, he didn't - but he was a man who liked accuracy.

Eva nodded, and gave a little shrug. "Devonshire or Hebron, we'll be sure to come visit if ever we find ourselves in Tuneric again. And of course when you return you'll be landing here, maybe right where you are now," she added with a glance over the rail to the dockside below, "and you and your knight and whoever else comes with you will be warmly welcomed. We'll be more than happy to have you with us again."

A sound further down the deck called William away, and he gave a small bow to excuse himself before hurrying away. Evangeline watched him go for a moment, picturing for a moment Tarran striding across the deck instead of the darker captain, but she shook the thought from her mind quickly and returned to the here and now. "The letters you wrote to your sister and to Ser Caldoran should arrive a fair few days before you. They went out on one of the fastest light cargos we've got, and since they've got a three day head start there should be plenty of time for them to know you're coming. Maybe they'll even have time to throw you a party when you arrive!"

----
    @Liliana Gyrtner