Thread: General Announcements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Announcements

Here is where you will find all the mundane things we have to tell you, such as monthly time changes, rules updates, and our bitter declaration of support for the Oxford Comma.

For those of you who have beaten the link out of me, this is the first post you'll see. More are coming, and we can't wait. Hope to see you all soon!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY EFFIN HELL!

OK, the board transfer appears to be complete.

I have notified all of you via g-chat or email about your passwords. Please update them.

Over the next few days, Aloris and I will be cleaning up the place. Feel free to post in the meantime, you won't mess anything up.

It looks like you will have to re-up your avatars. I apologize for that. We'll work on the banners soon.

If there are any other bugs, please email me so I can address them.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back at it already! Sleep is apparently not an option when it comes to bringing you the best game ever!

Account Linking and Tag Searching are now enabled.

If anybody is so ambitious that they wish to troll the forum for me and start tagging threads, they'd be my favorite!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rawr! On a roll today!

Joinable Usergroups by Family are now up! Look at the fancy color in Gisela's Name!

To access yours, go to Settings in the header, then select Group Permissions from the left. Join your house, and then select "Set as primary display group."

Thanks!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gang. Just wanted to let you all know that the space and strikethrough codes have been fixed.

They look like this and th     is.

The tags are [s] and [space] respectively.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    State of the Union Message:

Dear Players,

After about a month of play, we're proud to boast over 100 Threads and over 500 posts.

Aloris and I could not be more pleased with how things are going. We are so happy with all of our players and really hope that you all are having a good time. To that end, we want you to know that both of us have an open door policy on all matters game related. If you have a problem, suggestion, compliment or whatever, please let us know! We love to hear from you guys and we will do our best to resolve any issues you have, or questions that arise.

As the opening volley of events in Hebron begin to wind down, and families return home and go their seperate ways, we are going to try and keep you all as active and occupied as possible. The easiest way to do this, is to try and bring more players on board. We are advertising the game about, and doing our best, and encourage you all to invite any friends you have that might be interested, or drop our link on any other games you play!

When this little dream of ours started, there were a lot of questions about whether or not we would find the player-base we needed to sustain a game. We feel we are off to a great start, and wish to extend a big "Thank You" to all of you for making this fun for us. We sure hope that we are making it fun for all of you!

You guys are the best!

<3's

Rick and Aloris
    Last edited by Rick; 01-26-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everybody!

Just wanted to advise everybody that if you'd like a private forum for yourself and all your secrets, please PM me or email me and let me know. I need to also know who, out of all your characters, you'd like to be moderator to your forum. Thanks so much!!!!

-love!
    aloris

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!

If you are in Hebron for the King's Coronation (and most active players are), read the following post before you do anything else:

http://dawnofempires.org/showthread....full=1#post921

This thread now affects everyone, and has therefore been given it's own sub-forum within Hebron. Please RP accordingly. I know that many groups are divided among the crowd, so feel free to create threads for your personal groups within the forum.

If your actions affect royals, or if you wish to move to assist royals in play, please consult those individuals via PM or G-Chat so that you can plot with them accordingly. If you have any other question about plotting, or what you can or can not do, please contact me via G-Chat, or PM this account (Guy Durand).

Thank you all, and have some fun fighting or fleeing from baddies!

House Hallward Bradley Hallward's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I have your attention please.

The Hallwards are about to open the festival proper. It will commence in 4 stages, with the first thread opening in a few moments. They will occur as follows:

9/22 Morning - Intro, Speech, and Blessing.
    9/22 Early Afternoon - Sacrifice of Fruits, Vegetables, and Grains.
    9/22 Late Afternoon - Yuscat's Feast of Seven Harvests.
    9/22 Evening - Sowing of the Fields / Moondance.

I'm going to try and open one thread every two days or so. Feel free to RP all over the place and as often as possible. Just because a new one opens, doesn't mean the others close. Just make sure you keep your kids in order (IE, if you break your leg in Thread 2, please don't be dancing in Thread 4, etc)

Thanks for all the participation gang!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear All of Our Awesome Players!

See this thread:

http://dawnofempires.org/showthread....ull=1#post4438

Thank you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK! With the exception of Gwendolyn, whom Aloris and I are still working on, all accounts have been merged if your account exists.

The following accounts have had posts recovered, but need to re-register so they can be merged:

Kalissa
    Seamus
    Dane
    Errol
    Grant

Once this is done, we will be back at 1. For now, we are ready to resume posting as normal.

Kiera, Aloris and I would like to thank everyone for their patience and assistance, espescially Ryn who did a lot of leg work in helping us restore posts!

Thank you all, and let's get back to gaming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Kidnicks!

Vifor is greatly displeased with all this drinking, derision, and debauchery, and has decided to smite you all for your ignorance. Please see the following thread:

Here I am, Rock you like a HURRICANE!

As the storm moves over the next couple of days, and update will be posted in the four other regions of Tuneric. Please keep an eye out for these threads.

For now, the following rules should be observed:

1. No sea travel is possible in or around Tuneric. Do not even try it.
    2. Travel times in the Low Coast are tripled from 10/5 until 10/31.
    3. Travel times in the rest of Tuneric are doubled from 10/8 until 10/31.
    4. Crossing the river is impossible, save for the far western bridge between Pyre Cliff and Stone Forge.

Please roleplay your flood damage appropriately. The following map demonstrates damage levels for the nation:

Areas in Red: Severe flooding and damage caused by high winds and hail. 25% loss of livestock, 25% loss of crops. Roads almost impassible by carriages and carts due to debris.

Areas in Yellow: Moderate flooding and wind damage. Heavy precipitation leads to 10% loss of livestock, 10% loss of crops. High river levels makes traversing it impossible.

Areas in Green: Light flooding conditions and minimal wind damage. Large amounts of precipitation cause 5% loss of crops and increased travel times due to poor visibility and wet footing.

That is all for now! Feel free to invent your own inconveniences as well.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gang!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am opening the month of September for play. Feel free to RP up until 9/30 if you are not planning on attending the Harvest Festival in Stone Forge. I will likely wait a few weeks before opening that event, so if you have any designs for home RP, enjoy the month off.

The last major RP in Hebron will be a council of lords, that will take place the evening the 19th, in lieu of a ball.

Thank you all again, and keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Guy Durand; 02-29-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gang! Just a reminder that the Harvest Festival is coming up. I will probably start some RPs in Stone Forge come next week!

In the meantime, if anyone is planning public events and would like me to add it to the calendar in the upper left, just let me know!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an FYI, and as a request for help:

The Genealogy Thread is up. Please take the time to check your families for errors.

While you're at it, because the number of families is growing, please check this post. Make sure all your banners are there, and if they are not, please inform me. Also, if you don't have a banner and would like one (Bishops, I'm looking at you) please let me know and I will endeavor to help you attain one.

Thanks to everyone for being awesome, as usual. Pace is picking up, and while I struggle to keep up with you guys, I am super excited about our growth!
    Last edited by Rick; 04-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...despite our being way behind in RP, Lillian and I are busy updating all the reference threads on the site. We should have everything up to date soon.

To this end, if everyone could help up out, we would love it:

A) Make sure you have an avatar.

B) Make sure your avatar is 125x125.

If you need help, I am glad to do it! Just let me know and I will happily make you one.

Also, everyone recheck the genealogy and banners threads and make sure it is up to date for your families!

Thank you gang, and keep up the great work!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI to all players. With Aloris being on extended leave, I'm promoting Mora to Mod so that she can help approve apps in mine and Lillian's absence, as well as doing some site upkeep and enhancement.

Everyone feel free to pop in the c-box and thank her for being awesome.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And furthermore!

With Aloris being on extended leave, Lillian has agreed to come on as my co-admin. So please, everyone congratulate her, and going forward, please copy her on all character secrets for new applications! Thank you thank you!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI -

The bulk of the threads in the Stone Forge forum have been moved to a sub forum for the festival, so as to not clutter the city forum for later RP.

Just in case you were wondering.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast