User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Announcements

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Friends,

I continue to apologize for all the inconveniences.

The Quick Account Switch function has been fixed, but in order to do so, I had to uninstall the previous version and install an updated version. Some of you (I'm guessing all of you) will have to reset your links. Once you do, it should function again.

Note: You will not see the Quick Account Switch option unless you have at least one account linked.

Thank you all for your patience.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies and Gentlepeoples!

This announcement is about holds! Be it face claims, castles or cities and holdings, we're now going to be enforcing the time limit we had listed! I know we slacked off for a little while but now it's time to own up and renew or drop our holds! For this situation we will allow you all to renew your holds today without having to wait the 14 days but from here on out if you don't use 'em ya lose 'em!

Go here! Check to see if you have a hold that needs to be renewed and if you do, do it! If you don't wish to keep the hold then let us know and we'll wipe it for ya! Everyone has until next Tuesday to do this or your holds will be dropped for you.

From Tuesday on out the rule is use your hold within 30 days of placing it or it is dropped and you must wait two weeks before you're allowed to reclaim that hold.

Thanks guys and gals!
    Last edited by Kiera; 05-13-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some things.

Please note the change to the format for placing holds. Kiera would love you all the most if you used it, and I would love you the most if I didn't have to hear her complain that you didn't.

Also, please do not delete posts (or edit the info out of) the Holds Thread. If you wish to drop a hold, you can edit your post to say as much, but please leave the request visible, as we catalog that information for our own wily purposes.

Avatars! Guys, PLEASE make them 125x125! I'm not trying to be a stickler, but it makes my Cast List page looks sexy when they are uniform. If you need help with resizing or whatever, I am glad to assist.

Lastly...please take the time to look at the settings for each of your accounts. Browsing the member list today I saw some accounts (mostly characters which were adopted) which didn't have valid emails. If you don't have a valid email listed, the Mention and Tagging functions really don't help you.

Off topic: The site is doing really awesome gang. I am extremely pleased with the activity, the support we have all given each other, and the positive attitude we all seem to have going forward. And I'd like to do something nice for the community in the near future. So if nothing else, update your email addresses so that I have them...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! Listen!

You may notice some changes rolling out in the informational sections of the game. Fret not! I'm working on streamlining some things to (hopefully) make certain information threads more user-friendly. Every effort will be taken to avoid making information unavailable while I shuffle things around, so there might be some increased redundancies for a little while. Major changes will likely happen all in one day, so more information on those will be forthcoming when I'm closer to that point.

If, in my maneuvering, you find that some information you need is not where you last saw it, holler at me and I'll either tell you where it's moved to or put it back.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay! A few things:

Thing the First: When using the tag cloud, please please please only use the first name of the character. In the instance of there being two characters with the same name, we can either use first name with a last initial, or if one character or the other has a nickname they don't mind being tagged as, that works even better. This may seem like a lot of fuss over nothing, but if the tag cloud is all wonky, there's a chance of people missing threads, and that's never a good thing.

Thing the Second: Phase one of my Informational Revamp (dramatic sound here) has been completed! Maybe you noticed, maybe you haven't, but each house now has a page all to themselves! They're organized by island, and found in the Rules and Information folder; Tuneric is here, Balfour is here, and Esquibel is here. I *believe* I've accounted for all the houses, although each might not have their own page; if it's a lesser house, it might be found under the larger house it serves. An example would be House Mallen being on the same page as House Hallward. If you know of a house you think should have its own page, lemme know!

I would ask that everyone, and I do mean everyone, seek out your characters and houses. Check that my information is correct, specifically in these areas:
    -Credit for House History
    -Main Contact
    -Genos - make sure your people are there and linked properly

I did my best to comb through and make sure I didn't miss any characters, but it is entirely likely that I wasn't entirely successful. Also, there are houses without castles, and castles without in-game names. I can provide these, and I will be if there are still houses lacking in either department after some time has passed. Obviously houses small enough to not have a castle are exempt. I noticed a couple houses without crests, too - mainly new houses, so if the crest has been finished since the time the profiles were made, point me at 'em. Otherwise I'll just update those as they become available.

If you find anything that needs changing, information that needs attribution, etc, please PM me and I'll get it fixed. I really want these pages to be as accurate as possible, since the next few phases of the changes will have these be the primary source of house information. It is your help and cooperation that will help me get these accurate.

Oh, and to save some time, I do know there are some people missing from the Durand family tree; it's in the process of being fixed, but I'm waiting for confirmation on some proposed changes before the problem can be resolved. I *think* that's the only issue I know of before hand, though, so if you find anything else, holler at me.

Many thanks in advance, lovely players, for your help. This all may be a bit tedious now, but it is my sincerest hope that the end result will make our lives easier. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, so keep your eyes peeled!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hear ye, hear ye! More changes in Informational land!

The house directories for Tuneric and Balfour are finished, posted, and linked in the sidebar. Check 'em out, lemme know if I've made any glaring errors. Heads of houses/house creators, lemme know if the area descriptions jive with what you picture. Or, more accurately, lemme know if they don't. Jiving is important, even if I suck at dancing.

More to come!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all.

It's with a heavy heart that I bring the news that Kiera won't be returning to the site in the foreseeable future. We had a long chat about it the other day, and she said that although she loves this place and misses writing with everybody, all the obligations and bullshit of real life have all but killed her ability to sit down and write. She asked me to deliver her heartfelt apology to everyone, and she wishes everyone the best.

I know her departure now leaves many people with plots that are unfinished and unattainable. I have Kiera's blessing to do whatever is necessary with her characters to ease the transition, so if you find yourself stuck PM or email me and we'll work together to figure something out for you. I promise I'll do what I can to make any necessary transition suck as little as possible for you.

Thanks for your understanding, gang.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey you guuuuuuuuuys!

There've been a few updates to the site, specifically around the cast list. Inactive members have been removed, and the related characters have either been put up for adoption, retconned entirely, or scrubbed (which is to say, they still exist on the genos but nothing from the old profile sticks).

Characters in the last two categories are as follows:
    Kilian Falkenrath, Delicia Sinclair, Logan Sinclair, Maya Sinclair, Nicholas Sinclair, and Tyber Sinclair have been removed entirely. Amarose Olivier, Aviana Durand, Jonathan Shellten, and Victor Thorne have been scrubbed.

This frees up their face claims (and there are some good ones), their cities if applicable, and opens the latter category for redevelopment if desired.

If these changes cause a disaster for any of your characters, please let me know and I'll make any necessary re-edits. If your character had a conversation with any of these people at any point, maybe they were dreaming. Or were slipped something in their drink. Or had a nasty knock on the head.

Also, I've cleared the Wanted Character page. Yes, we have a Wanted Character page. I've also put up an Adoptable Character Showcase. Both can be found here: http://dawnofempires.org/showthread....ted-Characters

In the coming days I'll be clearing out the Plot Pages. I plan on leaving those of active members, but if you'd like yours archived so you can start fresh, please let me know.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks. I hope everybody's surviving the lovely holiday season! We're seeing the usual slowdown, but that means it's a pretty good time for some minor updates to the info junk. And guess what this announcement is about!

Yeah, that's right. Info junk. Specifically the timelines.

I've done some work updating them in situations where the cities didn't have an active lord or whatever. I would looooooooove it if people could bring their cities up to date, even if it's just noting who went to the Coronation. I also started making posts for cities that didn't have one already, but since I was the one to make them that means any active player in those houses/cities can't edit them. This is a problem, yes, but easily solved: if you have an update to a post you can't edit (be it because I made the post or because the event happens in a city you don't control), just post the edit in a new post and I'll edit it in and delete the post so it's all nice and clean.

Alternately, if you want to take over your city's post, make a new post with the appropriate character (or your OOC account) and I'll transfer everything over for you.

Keep in mind you can put pretty much anything on your timelines that you think you might want to refer back to later. And not just for events in your own city, either; you can either add them to your own city and note where they happened, or you can drop in a new post and have it edited in.

Oh, and if I've made any edits that involve your people that are either wrong or could be more specific, lemme know. I'd like to have it be as accurate as possible, but in some cases I had to kind of make a best guess and I'm sure there are others who would know better than me.

Thanks, guys!
    Last edited by Amy; 12-14-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies and Gents!

In case you hadn't noticed, there was a problem with the last update to the site that has caused Mentions to not send emails. We have kinda/sorta corrected it now, but the emails seem to be going to spam. Take a minute to check your boxes, mark the emails as not spam, and everything should go back to working normally.

Thanks for being patient!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear all,
    Please be advised we will be upgrading the forums. With that in mind, the current forums will be taken offline in order to complete the upgrade. At this moment, I do not have a specific time stamped out to integrate this change. However, please assume it will be somewhere around 14:00CDT on May 03, 2017.
    What does this mean? I will make a post when I have a better timeline tomorrow. If you do not complete any posts by the time the board is taken offline, then your post will not be saved. I strongly recommend if you guys wish to post while the board is down, please copy/paste the thread in a word processing program in order to write a reply and post it once the board is back.
    I will post in CBox at least 30 mins prior to taking the board down.
    Thank you all and happy writing!
    -aloris
    Last edited by Aloris; 05-02-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgrade complete. Thank you all for your patience.
    Happy posting!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys. Please take note, the Game Rules have been updated, so you might want to take a gander and see what's what, 'cuz remember boys and girls: ignorance of the rules doesn't mean exemption from them.

Handy link: Take me to the rules, please!

There'll be a few more shakeups in the rules and information pages in the days to come, but I'll post when there's new stuff to look at.

Thanks err'body!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plot Pages have been culled a bit. If I moved one and I shouldn't have, lemme know. Also if you'd like the comments cleared from yours so you can start fresh, lemme know.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, so, it turns out that Photobucket has decided to be a great big bag of dicks and make it so you've gotta pay for third-party hosting? So...if you've got any of your pictures hosted on there you might wanna change that. I'm in the process of switching my stuff over to a different hosting site, so forgive any placeholder images, if you please.

If you need to switch out images in your profiles, send me an email or a PM with the new image links and I'll swap them out for you. And if you see that I've edited your profiles recently, it's just to fix broken images that I have access to new versions of.

Any images that still have the Photobucket placeholder image at the end of August will be removed or replaced at the admins' discretion.
    Last edited by Amy; 07-25-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123