Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Announcements

House Hallward Bradley Hallward's Avatar  
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I have your attention please.

The Hallwards are about to open the festival proper. It will commence in 4 stages, with the first thread opening in a few moments. They will occur as follows:

9/22 Morning - Intro, Speech, and Blessing.
    9/22 Early Afternoon - Sacrifice of Fruits, Vegetables, and Grains.
    9/22 Late Afternoon - Yuscat's Feast of Seven Harvests.
    9/22 Evening - Sowing of the Fields / Moondance.

I'm going to try and open one thread every two days or so. Feel free to RP all over the place and as often as possible. Just because a new one opens, doesn't mean the others close. Just make sure you keep your kids in order (IE, if you break your leg in Thread 2, please don't be dancing in Thread 4, etc)

Thanks for all the participation gang!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Kidnicks!

Vifor is greatly displeased with all this drinking, derision, and debauchery, and has decided to smite you all for your ignorance. Please see the following thread:

Here I am, Rock you like a HURRICANE!

As the storm moves over the next couple of days, and update will be posted in the four other regions of Tuneric. Please keep an eye out for these threads.

For now, the following rules should be observed:

1. No sea travel is possible in or around Tuneric. Do not even try it.
    2. Travel times in the Low Coast are tripled from 10/5 until 10/31.
    3. Travel times in the rest of Tuneric are doubled from 10/8 until 10/31.
    4. Crossing the river is impossible, save for the far western bridge between Pyre Cliff and Stone Forge.

Please roleplay your flood damage appropriately. The following map demonstrates damage levels for the nation:

Areas in Red: Severe flooding and damage caused by high winds and hail. 25% loss of livestock, 25% loss of crops. Roads almost impassible by carriages and carts due to debris.

Areas in Yellow: Moderate flooding and wind damage. Heavy precipitation leads to 10% loss of livestock, 10% loss of crops. High river levels makes traversing it impossible.

Areas in Green: Light flooding conditions and minimal wind damage. Large amounts of precipitation cause 5% loss of crops and increased travel times due to poor visibility and wet footing.

That is all for now! Feel free to invent your own inconveniences as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone!

The Harvest Festival is winding down as the story continues into October. As you know by now, Vifor is literally rocking us like a hurricane! Stay tuned for more posts on that front and refer to the sidebar on the left for dates outlining when your city is affected.

To facilitate our moving into Tuneric's next chapter, we will be closing down all ensemble Festival threads this Friday, 7/6, with the exception of the Moondance, which will close on 7/9.

Feel free to continue posting individual threads in Stone Forge during the festival dates, so long as they have no bearing on the ensemble threads that are being tied off.

PS: Happy Birthday to our characters born in October! Here's a quick list in case anyone wants to make some IC acknowledgements.

October Birthdays
    • Selene Avayne (October 1, 194)

• Adrena Constancia Marti del Castillo (October 12, 191)

• Jaime Durand (October 29, 194)

• Kiirion Avayne (October 31, 192)

Happy posting! And try to keep those characters dry. (As if you could.)

~Mora

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick announcement:

For those of you with WIPs and new characters:

Going forward, please make sure that all secrets are copied to Rick, Aloris and Lillian.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Announcement! First in 2 months!

The Map has been updated. Please double check the legend and make sure your families are properly represented! Thank you, thank you!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all! I've updated forum permissions in the aftermath of creating a few new private forums. Everyone please make sure that you can see what you are supposed to be seeing, and nothing more (or less).

If somehow, you have gained new access to forums you shouldn't see, or lost access to forums you think you should be able to see, please let me know.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made changes. See if you can spot them!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear All of Our Awesome Players!

See this thread:

http://dawnofempires.org/showthread....ull=1#post4438

Thank you.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone!

The tag 'Open' has been added to the tag cloud to help everyone find threads to jump into and mingle! Feel free to use it for threads you start that others can join you in.
    Last edited by Kiera; 03-10-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please be advised, the following characters are currently suspended from play until further notice:

Guy Durand
    Percival Torgood
    Bradyn Hallward
    Gisela Darktide
    Karenna Caldoran
    Seamus Hepburn

If you have need of them in an RP, please contact Kiera or Amy to have them NPC'd.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ya'll!

The Admin want to point out to you that there are now timelines that each player has the ability to add to! They're linked in the sidebar on the main page and if you have anything that you need to add go ahead and pm any of us to have it added!

We hope these will help organize everyone so they know where they need to be for big events or to cause a ruckus is one is available for causing!

Come on guys! Get involved!

Happy Plotting!
    - Your staff

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks!

I went on a thread locking spree! Anything with the last post dated October 2013 and before applied. If you need anything unlocked let one of the staff know!

Also! I want to remind you all to use the tag system! That includes searching for threads that may have been made by admin that apply to your characters! Don't miss out!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here be some announcements:

Firstly. Welcome to all the new players who have dropped by recently. We're very glad to have you all. That being said, here are some things you should know about me:

My name is Rick. It's not a made up name. People have been calling me that my whole life. I'm fond of pranks, and random sexual innuendo, which are usually directed at my co-admins, as they are too sucked in to my fantasy world to ever leave. I shall try not to scare away the rest of you. I am notoriously scatter-brained. There are times where you will have to ask me 3 times for something. If I don't do it the first time, I wasn't ignoring you, and I don't think it's a bad idea. I just forgot. Keep poking me. As a general rule, I handle most things in the ACP. This includes secret forums, usergroups, general hacking of your account (see below), etc, etc.

Secondly, Kiera worked very hard on some of the plot pages in that forum. Please use them. We want you guys to be involved with as many of your co-players and staff as possible. The more interactions we have, the more growth we achieve. Plus, I wanna be in your little club, you frieken elitists!

Thirdly, new rule: If you post an IC post with a character who has no avatar, then Rick will assign you an avatar. It will match your PB, but it may be the derpiest, most off-color, or unrelated image of them that I can find. And Rick will do it while dancing an evil jig, twirling his evil mustache, and speaking about himself evilly in the third person.

Lastly, let's have some fun. Feel free to PM me or Kiera or Amy with any questions or plot ideas, and we will try to make all your wildest dreams come true...or something.

-Rick

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI -

During the day tomorrow (between 8am and 5pm Eastern) I will be working on forum permissions. Some forums may temporarily disappear from view (likely only secret forums), but nothing will be lost. Everything should be normal by the time I leave work, and I will update all forum moderators on the changes made.

Also, all active players will have private forums added.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum update is complete.

Please take a moment to confirm that you can see your new forums. If you can not, you may be on an account that is not in your personal usergroup (which you all now have). The moderators of these groups (and consequently, your forum) are your OOC account if you have one, or your primary Tunerician character account, or both.

Inside your forums is a subforum labeled "Archives". This is only viewable and moderated by one account (in most cases your OOC account, or the IC account I most write with you). From that account, you can move threads you don't wish to be seen by anyone else to your Archive subforum, which can only be seen by you.

If you need help, or can not see something you think you should see, or can see something you think you should not see, please alert me ASAP.

Thank you all.

-Rick
    Last edited by Rick; 03-29-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please be advised...

I am looking at Saturday for the server migration. I am going to try to get it done as early as possible, but the site may be down until noon.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies and Gents!

We have a lot going on around here and with new people and new characters we're crash testing a few ideas as we go!

This topic is on our plot pages. From here on out there will be no middle man. We have threads wide open for each of you to post for your own cities and families. We would love it if, with your Lord or Lady character you could add a post to the thread with the provided format, that would allow you a reserved spot on the timeline that you may edit as time goes on! There are examples of what we expect to see on the Tuneric timeline here: http://dawnofempires.org/showthread....ric-A-Timeline

REMEMBER! If you don't post it, no one knows about it, so don't be upset if no one comes to play in your city!

And don't forget to mark it on your calendar!!!!! Server change!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Please be advised...

I am looking at Saturday for the server migration. I am going to try to get it done as early as possible, but the site may be down until noon.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boards are back online, on the new server.

The keyword banning problem is gone. There are a few formatting issues that I still need to address. I think they are in the language settings. I'm too tired to play with them tonight.

Some of you will see question mark symbols where there should be other formatting. I will look into it ASAP.

In the meantime, welcome back, and happy writing.

-Rick

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...some known issues.

Avatars, special characters, and the posting box for IE users, are all not working. There is a compatibility issue between our software version and the PHP level on the server. Hopefully we will get that resolved in the next 24 hours.

All other functions of the board seem to be working. Please g-chat me if you discover any other glitches.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boards are up at full functionality.

Unfortunately, avatars are lost. Please re-up them.

All other aspects are go.

If you see an odd front page, you are on the "What's New" tab. Click the "Forum" tab to see the board, or set your bookmark to http://www.dawnofempires.org/forum.php

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast